Well this is the Q & A Forum :D

Melanie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

I have managed to get my photos back today but I am unable to see a way to post one or two in the critique forum or indeed any where else. Do I have to subscribe - if so how or do I have to have a certain amount of posts?

Also - would you advocate getting something like photobucket to host photos? Is it safe - can they be poached from them?

Finally, how do I add my name to photos or do I need to? To ensure they remain my property?

Don't ask much do I :D LOL

only put your name on your pics if you want to... some do, some don't. I personally don't bother, coz the quality i save them to for the net isn't anywhere near good enough to print, only to have on the comp screen. As if anyone would want them anyway. If you want to add your name, you can use something like paint or photoshop.

Photobucket is very popular and you can put a password on there as well, so that if people try and look at your photos all they'll get is this:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y51/Meysha/
But you can set a 'read-only' password, so they can look but not touch.

You don't have to subscribe, but it's a handy feature, and it gives you a gallery as well as being able to add photos as attachments.
Subscribing is done, just by going into your Control Panel (User CP) and paying US$25

Hope that helps.

Try reading here on how to post images.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21012
As for your other questions - I wouldn't worry about it too much. If someone wants to 'poach' an image they will do it whatever you do to try and stop them... and you will probably never find out it has been done.
I think people worry far too much about this. If you don't want to run the risk of someone stealing one of your images then don't post anything. Just be aware that if you post then there is a chance it might happen - but it probably won't.

I don't worry at all, i use photobucket- and believe it is really secure.
Even though i dont mind and give people my public password (they can view but thats it) rather than sending photos- im not too worried about people using my photo's at the moment,

Copyrights? if anyone really wants your photo that is easy to get rid of, it is a deterrant though- personally i dont bother, but its your choice.

Thanks both of you - I am now photobucketed :D

If I can work it out I'll see if I can show you some pics to tell me where I went wrong :D

Most reactions

Back