Well what else would I test the Tamron 150-600 on?

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So it was the first outing with the Tamron that arrived yesterday. I'm holding my thoughts until I do a review in a few days. I imported into Lightroom, made a few small tweaks, but only default sharpening and no noise reduction. I could have done more processing, but this was more of a test of the optics. You can view them bigger on flickr. They are all in a set here.. https://www.flickr.com/photos/coastalconn/sets/72157644820182203/
Would love to hear your thoughts.. I was about 75-110 feet away from the Ospreys.. I think I had a touch of front focus in the beginning..

1-100% crop
Day 1 Tamron 150-600 wide open at 600 100% crop by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

2 100% crop 150 yards...
Day 1 Tamron 150-600 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

3 about 20 feet

You should come test it in Ontario so I can play with it :D

So in other words you like the Quality of the lens and Sharpness?

They all look pretty awesome to me. Especially the 100% crops.

Looks good. Looks like you had some great light to shoot in there today.

I am no expert, but I keep telling people it's a really good lens that goes to great when you consider the price. Pretty sure I have sold at least 4 or 5 of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you have any hot neighbors?
dude, creepy :) (the answer is no)

So in other words you like the Quality of the lens and Sharpness?
They all look pretty awesome to me. Especially the 100% crops.
I have mixed feelings. I really like the lens and think it is an exceptional value for what it is. It made me realized I am quite spoiled by the Sigma 120-300. Performance wise AF is very good, pretty fast and quiet. AF accuracy is pretty good too. It is very light (compared to the 120-300) and easy to handhold all day. The VC is good, but since the lens is so light it doesn't stabilize the lens like the OS on the Sigma. For the price point the sharpness is pretty good, slightly better than the 150-500. I have to shoot with it a few more times before I finalize my decision...
Looks good. Looks like you had some great light to shoot in there today.
Had great light until I shot this swallow that landed behind me in the shade and I was still set for BIF with no limit on Auto-ISO.. LOL.. ISO 20000! on this one.. I didn't even know the D7100 went that high. I think it is high 1.7 or something silly like that on the LCD...
Day 1 Tamron 150-600 iso 20000 oops by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

I was talking to a bird shooter here Kris who has one. How do you find the AF for BIF's compared to the Sigma..... or is that still a bit early to make a conclusion yet ?? Might just be a matter of trying different settings I guess, so that might take time to tell. I agree with Jaca, for the cost it seems a real bargain and it certainly seems pretty darn sharp.

Fine shots and good timing, Swallows are beautiful Kris and love the Egret doing the splash. The BIF's look great, be interesting with your thoughts on the AF for those when you get it down.

All the best Kris and the extra 100mm will come in handy. Congrats.

Danny.

Danny you have me really thinking now. I have avoided using Wifeys 70d, but I should put the Tampster on it to see if there are any significant differences getting BIF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danny you have me really thinking now. I have avoided using Wifeys 70d, but I should put the Tampster on it to see if there are any significant differences getting BIF.

If you can that would be good Jaca. The guy I was talking to was just saying it was not that good for BIF's. But here we are with BIF's from Kris ...... I must check your flickr account again Jaca. Having said that, this guy uses Canon fast lenses as well, so maybe its an F/stop thing with PDAF at F/6.3 (like the old Canon lenses, original versions when used with a 2x TC), I'm not sure to be honest. Maybe its just that he hasn't thrown the right switches or settings, that could well be it and knowing him, it wouldn't surprise me ;)

All the best and be interesting to know your guys thoughts on it.

Danny.

How do you get that kinds of images on that high ISO? I must be doing something wrong because I seem to lose feather detail a lot more than you when using higher ISO numbers...

Could just be me but the sharpness just doesn't look right, does anybody else see this or is it just me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back