Went Exploring

AllHailZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! It's been quite a long time since I was last here!

I had a little bit of free time between errands so I went exploring a bit. I came upon an abandoned home and old-school signage in someone's backyard. I was only able to get a few shots with the limited time I had and the people who owned the signage didn't seem to want me to stay, so I was only able to get two shots.

I definitely plan on going back to the abandoned home, as the destroyed chimney inside is incredible. I really wish I had a real DSLR, but I think I did pretty well with only a cell phone's camera, my Droid RAZR. I'll update this thread once I go back.

Enjoy!

Signs -

8350707429_e92d0b4bdf_z.jpg

8351771340_9fbb4277a0_z.jpg

Abandoned Home -

8351775322_9622b4274f_c.jpg

8351773842_c9ba3c38c2_c.jpg

8350711651_fcc970c48e_c.jpg

8350708079_807552fbab_c.jpg

Hello, fellow explorer. That house seems to have a lot of potential. Considering the limitations of the Razr's camera, I think you did pretty well with the house (I don't really find the sign photos interesting). The last photo is the best of the set in my opinion, followed by the house in B&W. As good as I find it, the framing of the last photo feels a bit tight and the aspect ratio feels forced for a photo in portrait orientation.

Thank you. I appreciate it, I'm hoping to pick up a good DSLR within the next few months. I miss my old Nikon D60 sorely, but at least a cell phone is a good challenge for me.

I agree with you about the door. It was tight like that because I had to rest myself against the door frame in order to keep the phone camera still. Once I have more time, I want to reshoot that one along with a few others. That entire room is covered with wasp nests so I'd have to go back once the sun is bright (too cloudy today) and cold to be sure the wasps aren't out! I also have an external fisheye lens that's magnetic that works with the Droid. I know it's cheating a little bit, but every little bit helps with a phone camera and it does prove me with a more wider angle range than I'd be able to get normally.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back