Went for a walk in the woods on Easter

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was bored at the family gathering, lucky for me I brought my camera! :) So after dinner I ventured off into the woods and found this old abandon shack. I took a few pics, these are a couple of my favorites.

The old mailbox. It's just sitting out there in the middle of no where, the road has long since been grown over (not even really visible).

511102253_7EswW-L.jpg

Inside the old shack I found this box marked "bomb". The text isn't really all that legible, but it certainly looks like an old explosives create.

511097101_8xQu7-L.jpg

What do ya think?

#1 - I like the B&W/mono-chrome conversion but wish the mailbox was on the right side of the frame.

#2 - Did the unibomber live here? Good natural light shot.

#1 - I like the B&W/mono-chrome conversion but wish the mailbox was on the right side of the frame.

+1. That is exactly what I was going to say. Maybe you could try a horizontal flip (mirror image), though sometimes when you do that it looks off in a way that is not easily discernable.

It's so funny you mention that... I think it belongs on the right too... it bugged me when I got home. :D I was trying to do something different, and I did... and I don't think I like it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Photographers-Eye-Composition-Design-Digital/dp/1905814046]The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Freeman: Books[/ame]

Hmmm...interesting. They have a different cover for [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photographers-Eye-Composition-Design-Digital/dp/0240809343/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239652489&sr=8-1"]the US version[/ame]. I just got my copy the other week but haven't had time to read it yet...been reading [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Light-Science-Introduction-Photographic-Lighting/dp/0240808193/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239652585&sr=1-1"]Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting[/ame].

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here's another "iffy" one I shot yesterday. I wasn't sure if I was going to share it, but what the heck.

511827419_ezC4e-L.jpg

Eww.. But it's still kind of cool. No macro of the crap coming out of it's mouth?

wtf is that?
That would be a dead possum. I was in taking pictures of the explosives box and smelled something. I started looking around and found that dead little dude.

Good thing you didn't find a dead guy missing all his limbs haha. Do you have any pictures of the entire shack from outside it? Great pics man.

Good thing you didn't find a dead guy missing all his limbs haha. Do you have any pictures of the entire shack from outside it? Great pics man.
Thanks. :)

The only pic I have of it without jumping into Lightroom is this HDR I shot goofing around with the bracketing on my camera.

511109020_LusSL-L.jpg

That is my favorite picture of them all, very nice

+1. That is exactly what I was going to say. Maybe you could try a horizontal flip (mirror image), though sometimes when you do that it looks off in a way that is not easily discernable.

I dont think flipping it would help i'm my opinion, i think its just because it naturally leads your eye out of the image instead of into it. If it was on the right when you took the pic though i think it would defo be an improvement.

Nice pics though, i like the lighting on the 'bomb' box

Most reactions

Back