A walk in the woods - a story in pictures.

What a beautiful story and imagery! Thank you for sharing this. I went berry picking with my mother this weekend and, although she is only 71, I can easily relate to your experience. Your photos are excellent despite the conditions and equipment limitations. Nice work!

Not sure how this fine post made it past me until this AM!!! Doah! Lovely narration. I especially liked the shot of that cool green moss! We don't have that stuff around here. Soooo cool! We had just a skiff of rain two days ago, the first since 20 July...looks like fall is fast approaching...I can feel it in the air this morning, in fact. The turkey tail mushrooms shot was as much a visual delight as the moss/lichen photo...I looked at that and looked at that picture..huh...very much like a wild turkey's tail coloration and shape.

I too enjoyed your narration and photos. It has special meaning for me because I will soon be traveling with my 85 year old mother; taking her on one last adventure trip; hiking and kayaking. It is truly a blessing to get the chance to enjoy our parents in their golden years. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I really enjoyed this! Thanks.

Laynea24, thanks for looking and commenting!

During her life, she became fluent in six languages, and she continues to read in each language to retain her ability, although she's complained that due to lack of speaking practice, she's been forgetting stuff.
I'm already forgetting stuff, even with speaking practice, and I'm less than half her age :)

Other than the fact that it made me feel lazy in comparison, I thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

Well, Frederico, you've entertained us well and wowed us with your imagery, so you were part of the inspiration to write this post. And yeah, my Mom makes the energizer bunny feel tired. Thanks for looking in!

Images can be made not only with photons but with words, sometimes with more vividness; and you know that job very well...and what a wonderful journey with you!!!! all those images are really wonderful.... only one desire is hanging... to see your mom's image (not the one in which she walks away... that is melancholy)
Regards :D
I would echo Nandakumar's thoughts here.
Thanks for taking us on the walk with you! I really like threads like this, especially when we learn about cool people like your Mom :)

Thanks Judi! It was most gracious of you to come on the walk with us. For what makes for a good walk is often the company... :wink:

What a beautiful story and imagery! Thank you for sharing this. I went berry picking with my mother this weekend and, although she is only 71, I can easily relate to your experience. Your photos are excellent despite the conditions and equipment limitations. Nice work!

Hi Jaemie! Any photos of your trip out? We used to go up north to pick wild blueberries, but the trip is now too long. As for the images, thank you - I am happy that I am continuing to learn.

Not sure how this fine post made it past me until this AM!!! Doah! Lovely narration. I especially liked the shot of that cool green moss! We don't have that stuff around here. Soooo cool! We had just a skiff of rain two days ago, the first since 20 July...looks like fall is fast approaching...I can feel it in the air this morning, in fact. The turkey tail mushrooms shot was as much a visual delight as the moss/lichen photo...I looked at that and looked at that picture..huh...very much like a wild turkey's tail coloration and shape.

Thank you, Derrel. It takes an hour or so in the forest before the city slicker in me calms down and actually starts to see things. Initially, it's all brush, and leaves and tree trunks. And as the city recedes from the mind, my ability to "see" gets better - just like the slow adaptation known as night vision. And then, I begin to notice all the miriad details - but it takes a quiet mind.

I too enjoyed your narration and photos. It has special meaning for me because I will soon be traveling with my 85 year old mother; taking her on one last adventure trip; hiking and kayaking. It is truly a blessing to get the chance to enjoy our parents in their golden years. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Hi Jaguaraz! This is most inspiring! But remember that the "last adventure" seldom is, until it truly is time to have the "last adverture". I hope you get as much delight out of the trip as she will by being with a son who cares.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back