What's new

went for a walk with the kid. Look who I met.

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,183
Location
Behind the Irony Curtain
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Queen_ ya.webp

$Queen_ya2.webp
 
Beautiful craft, must be a joy to see in person. Who is it?
 
What is that? Is it really an official royal boat? The queen's?

It's not exactly understated, is it?
 
"Shame be to him who thinks evil of it" Yes, that is the coat of arms of the UK.
 
Very cool, the vessel looks like it was built when shipwrights put love into their craft.
 
Very cool, the vessel looks like it was built when shipwrights put love into their craft.

The boat itself is pretty, but I find all the ornate crap on it to be...well, hideous.
 
The boat itself is pretty, but I find all the ornate crap on it to be...well, hideous.

Yes, it looked a bit like the Christmas Covent Garden merry-go-round.
Carousels-Gallopers-Merry Go Rounds

But I would rather call it Lizzy-go-round. Even though she has never ventured beyond the Thames, methinks.
 
Last edited:
Very cool, the vessel looks like it was built when shipwrights put love into their craft.

The boat itself is pretty, but I find all the ornate crap on it to be...well, hideous.

Yep -- another vote here for hideous.

Joe

edit: Not the photo of course -- the boat.
 
Last edited:
Even though she has never ventured beyond the Thames, methinks.

So you're saying that the Queen has never stepped foot upon this boat?
 
Very cool, the vessel looks like it was built when shipwrights put love into their craft.

The boat itself is pretty, but I find all the ornate crap on it to be...well, hideous.

Young lady, I will have you know that this was built by one of the oldest and most respected ship building firms in the world, Gaudy & Gaudy of London. The design was the brain child of two famous shipwrights, William M. Garish and J.P. Catchpenny.
 
Even though she has never ventured beyond the Thames, methinks.

So you're saying that the Queen has never stepped foot upon this boat?

I know for a fact that the Queen used it at least once to get from Windsor to Greenwich to relaunch Cutty Sark. She might also cruise along the Thames during Her Diamond Jubillee. But I really doubt She got any further than East London. It is a river barge after all.

(P.S. By "she" I meant the barge. As opposed to "She" when referring to Her Majesty. Excuse my English :D )
 
Last edited:
Very cool, the vessel looks like it was built when shipwrights put love into their craft.

The boat itself is pretty, but I find all the ornate crap on it to be...well, hideous.

Young lady, I will have you know that this was built by one of the oldest and most respected ship building firms in the world, Gaudy & Gaudy of London. The design was the brain child of two famous shipwrights, William M. Garish and J.P. Catchpenny.

..and it was designed after the 1800-s Lord Mayor of London barge.
 
Beautiful boat
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom