went on spree this week...

SoonerBJJ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.apug.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Maybe I can blame it on the euphoria that followed seeing my first hand-developed 6x7 negatives. My medium format arsenal included a Mamiya RB67 Pro SD and my wife's Diana (that I've never used). I decided that I needed a more portable medium format camera, so I spent about a week reading everything I could find about my various options. Being that I have an affinity for the vintage, I decided upon a folding rangefinder.

As luck would have it, a newly renovated and CLA'd Ansco Super Speedex (ie Agfa Super Isolette) with f3.5/75mm Solinar came about and I snapped it up.

As if that weren't enough, I also came across a Voightlander Vito B with f3.5/50 Color Skopar and couldn't resist. They are reknowned for their small, sturdy and classic design.

And last but not least, I have been looking for a repair project. I want to be able to perform some maintenance and troubleshooting on my own stock, so I wanted a decent vintage camera with which I could tinker stress-free while I learn the ropes. The Argus C3 came recommended as a good project camera for the novice. I picked one up that sounds to be in basically sound mechanical condition but needs a good clean and lube. I plan to break it down for a thorough CLA. I'll only pass if it functions well when I'm done.

Good times ahead.

SNIP>>>a newly renovated and CLA'd Ansco Super Speedex (ie Agfa Super Isolette) with f3.5/75mm Solinar came about and I snapped it up.
SNIP>>>a Voightlander Vito B with f3.5/50 Color Skopar and couldn't resist. They are reknowned for their small, sturdy and classic design
>>SNIP>>>SNIP
Good times ahead.

STOP IT ALREADY!!!! That's too many riches for one man in one season, let alone in one month or one week.

Ahhhhh...before The Internet and eBay and all, I pined for a Vito B....man, what a sweet ride you're on... (envy)

Most reactions

Back