Went to review my images and 200 are mysteriously not there...... Please help

Mashburn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was capturing an event. And was checking my images throughout the event. I know it captured the images because I saw them in previous reviewing.

Well in my last review. It removed images 2300-2600..... I went to the computer to see if my camera want showing them, but the computer does not show record of capturing it. It jumps from 2300 to 2600 and shows a 2 hour Gap.

D750
SD xc extreme plus class 10.

Did my card go bad? Or is something wrong with the camera.

Not familiar with that camera but the fact that the missing shots start and stop so cleanly I'd suspect an operator error. Are you sure photos are missing or did the numbers just jump?

Stop using the card and run a recovery program on it. See if it recovers any deleted images.

Could it possibly be the FOLDER in which those images are stored has a different number?

I've had a similar, heart-stoppage-rendering issue with the D610, with images being put into a new DCMA sub-folder.

The issue might have been caused by how the card was read/downloaded to the computer.

The camera itself can be set to display, or to not display, all folders and their contents, when reviewing images on the camera.

Were you running two cards? If so, was the second set as either backup or (shooting raw + jpeg), jpegs?

Stop using the card and run a recovery program on it. See if it recovers any deleted images.
Thanks that's what I did.

SanDisk was really cool. Since I bought the extreme plus, it's a lifetime warranty. So they gave me a free software to recover.

Not familiar with that camera but the fact that the missing shots start and stop so cleanly I'd suspect an operator error. Are you sure photos are missing or did the numbers just jump?
As much as I want to agree. I just don't see how. Because only way possible I can think of is clicking delete 300 times, with another 300 times confirming it.

Is there another way for user error? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious. Because I want to make sure I didn't accidently hit a button).

I know I could have hit format. But that would have whipped all 3000 clean.

Were you running two cards? If so, was the second set as either backup or (shooting raw + jpeg), jpegs?
Yeah it was set as overflow. I've changed it now to backup, so if it happens again on both, I know it's the camera. And if it happens to just that card, it's that card.

SanDisk was really cool. Since I bought the extreme plus, it's a lifetime warranty. So they gave me a free software to recover.
What was the result? Did it recover your images?

I've had a similar, heart-stoppage-rendering issue with the D610, with images being put into a new DCMA sub-folder.

the D610 rolls over at 1000 images. I had the same moment DURING a wedding shoot.

What was the result? Did it recover your images?
They were. A few were messed up out of 300. Butt the recovery place said that's typical when recovering data even from a perfect card.

Could it possibly be the FOLDER in which those images are stored has a different number?

The issue might have been caused by how the card was read/downloaded to the computer.

The camera itself can be set to display, or to not display, all folders and their contents, when reviewing images on the camera.
It was not. When I noticed I ran to one of their s checking. And they were not.

the D610 rolls over at 1000 images. I had the same moment DURING a wedding shoot.

Same here for me...this happened to me during a wedding...about had a cow...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back