Went to see a man about a horse

Congrats and awesome thread right here, thanks for sharing
bigthumb.gif

My children had a big Appaloosa gelding when they were adolescents and we lived in Colorado.
It was kept in a local stable and the children had to do all the upkeep.
They schlepped all the feed in and the poop out.
I volunteered to change the oil and pay the bills.

Two years and they outgrew the love of horse-poop-hauling so we gave him to a family with a lot of land.

Hey Lew, that's cool that they had that experience even if they did grow out of it, I bet they learned a lot!

Hey Lew, that's cool that they had that experience even if they did grow out of it, I bet they learned a lot!

When I explained what a gelding was, it involved a lot of complex follow-up explanation to the younger ones.
They thought it was unfair.

Haha, I bet that was a fun conversation, and I tend to agree with the kids ;)

Well that horse look cute and patience holder :)
Though i am not very fond of horses much... Well, i am not fond of any animal :p Just afraid to get near them. Natural it is but i have taken many rides of them, mostly on the site where dad is constructing houses usually :D It was a tough ride :p

When I explained what a gelding was, it involved a lot of complex follow-up explanation to the younger ones.
They thought it was unfair.

In a way the kids were right :)

We have like 26 back at home... They can be a challenge, but if you are only getting one or two.. it wont be so bad! I just didn't enjoy feeding them twice a day and cleaning up after them.. lol but they are beautiful and have their own personalities. Wonderful pets!

Hey Pix, I must have missed this thread. Did the horse ever work out for you? I waded through the thread but never found the conclusion. I had a Tennessee Walker named General Lee when I was in my 20's. Beautiful horse.

When I was a kid, we used to ride our bikes by a house where a guy had two donkeys. One day I went by and there was a "Donkeys For Sale" sign out front. With all my 13 years of wisdom behind me, I ran home, grabbed my savings and walked my new prize home. Her name was Cass. I was all into hiking at that time and my parents farm is about 10 miles from the appalachian trail. My idea was to train her to be a pack animal and go hiking together. Lets just say she had other ideas of just being a pet. :lol:
Strangest thing. We went to bed one night with her in perfect health and woke up the next morning and she was dead.

Hey Pix, I must have missed this thread. Did the horse ever work out for you? I waded through the thread but never found the conclusion. I had a Tennessee Walker named General Lee when I was in my 20's. Beautiful horse.

When I was a kid, we used to ride our bikes by a house where a guy had two donkeys. One day I went by and there was a "Donkeys For Sale" sign out front. With all my 13 years of wisdom behind me, I ran home, grabbed my savings and walked my new prize home. Her name was Cass. I was all into hiking at that time and my parents farm is about 10 miles from the appalachian trail. My idea was to train her to be a pack animal and go hiking together. Lets just say she had other ideas of just being a pet. :lol:
Strangest thing. We went to bed one night with her in perfect health and woke up the next morning and she was dead.
What an uplifting tale. :meh:

:biglaugh:

What an uplifting tale. :meh:

:biglaugh:
It was until the last sentence:lol:

Most reactions

Back