What 2k kit should i get?

Serty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi after my birthday the 15. december (and maybe christmas) i'll have around $2000/10.000DKK for a DSLR/Lenses/Bag and maybe a battery grip.
Because i live in denmark a lot of things are very high compared to the states so keep that in mind while reading.

I found a site called Rhinocamera that is in england but ships free to denmark so everything is cheaper there.

But i don't really know what to get? I already have a Sony A37 with a 18-55 3.5-5.6 kit lens and a small bag, but im looking for something new and better!

I've been looking at 3 different things:

Sony: - Already have 18-55mm
Sony A77
Sony 35mm 2.8 Macro
Sony 55-200mm 4.5-5.6
Lowepro Slingshot 202 aw

Canon:
Canon EOS 700D/T5i
Canon 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS STM
Canon 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS MK II
Canon BG-E8
Lowepro Slingshot 202 aw

Canon 2:
Canon EOS 700D/T5i
Sigma 50mm 2.8 EX DG macro
Tamron AF DI II 18-200mm
Canon BG-E8
Lowepro Slingshot 202 aw

And i was wondering what you would recommend/buy if you were in my situration?

Those all have positives! I think if yuo want to go Canon, the 18-55 STM would be okay for videography, with the silent focusing it has. I ALSO see the allure of a 50mm /2.8 EX series SIgma macro and then an 18-200mm all-in-one zoom.

All three of those kits have upside: sticking with SONY gives you a second boy, with the same lensmount, and the A77 is a decent body too.

I'm very sure that the sigma 50mm macro is a very good lens (I've two sigma macro lenses myself and they are fantastic) but I'd not really think that 50mm as a macro lens is an ideal working focal length - at the closest focusing distance you're going to be very close and that makes lighting a lot harder because the camera and lens is going to be shadowing the subject all the more. It's certainly doable but more tricky than with a 70mm, 90mm or 105mm macro lens.

That's where i am, i dunno which is better.. 2 body's would be nice but on the other hand Canon seems more solid overall.

I should probally look at a more zoomed lens then, thx :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back