What A Sad Night

So sorry, Sharon. You always bring happiness to this forum. I hope you can find some for yourself here tonight.

Thank you ALL for your comments, thoughts and prayers! I think what really just punched me in the gut last night was the news about my friend losing her unborn child so unexpectedly, after I'd already had an emotionally trying night. And, I'm a writer--that's not just by profession, it describes me. Writing often helps me channel me thoughts and emotions and regain perspective. That's why I vented last night; somehow, putting it "out there" is often therapeutic for me.

It IS sad to see a parent begin that decline--I've been there with my father and now, with Mom at 86, that time is inevitable. Granted, HER mother lived to 98 (with pretty much full mental acuity until the last six months), but still--the things we're dealing with there are not entirely unexpected, just emotionally trying.

But to lose a child and so completely unexpectedly--I just can't even fathom that loss. She just had about two months to go, and the pregnancy had been pretty easy and completely uneventful, so *nobody* was expecting this. Knowing the shower was supposed to be this Sunday is going to make for a very odd "atmosphere" at church tomorrow. But they have a strong faith and will pull through this--it just sucker punched ALL of us last night.

Today is a day to see what I can do for the family to help them through this. And then focus on something else--like getting ready for the beach!!

I'm sorry, Sharon. My mother died in 2010 and for the last few years of her life her memory degraded to nothing. Similarly her doctors said that it wasn't Alzheimer's but they didn't know what was causing it, "Some sort of dementia" was all they would call it. All I know is that the last words she ever spoke to me, about a week before she died, were, "Who are you?" So, yes, I understand your situation. Let me know if I can help.

sorry fgor your troubles. Your faith will see you and yours through it.

Today is a day to see what I can do for the family to help them through this. And then focus on something else--like getting ready for the beach!!

There you are. :) Give love and support as you can, but make sure to take care of yourself, too. Keeping yourself strong will help you to help your loved ones. :hug:: You're a smart lady.

So sorry for this turn of events; take care!

Sending some happy and wishes your way today.

Take photos of your mom constantly. Heck get her a Gopro, and you both can see how much fun she is having through her eyes.

Most reactions

Back