What about the TPF Member Spotlight?

gk fotografie

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What ever happened to the section TPF Member Spotlight? I understand a TPF member would take over the section, temporarily or permanently is not really clear to me. It's very strange that the TPF member in question left the forum exactly 14 days after the publication of his first interview. Was there perhaps criticism or was perhaps nobody interested in being interviewed? It's not clear, but no other interviewer was sought and a nice column died a silent death as a result. I think a lot of members actually liked to have a look at the background and ideas of fellow forum visitors. Would there be no one else on this forum who can continue this thread or are there perhaps already plans for a comeback in the future?

Gerard

What ever happened to the section TPF Member Spotlight? I understand a TPF member would take over the section, temporarily or permanently is not really clear to me. It's very strange that the TPF member in question left the forum exactly 14 days after the publication of his first interview. Was there perhaps criticism or was perhaps nobody interested in being interviewed? It's not clear, but no other interviewer was sought and a nice column died a silent death as a result. I think a lot of members actually liked to have a look at the background and ideas of fellow forum visitors. Would there be no one else on this forum who can continue this thread or are there perhaps already plans for a comeback in the future?

Gerard

Relax, there is nothing nefarious afoot. I will take over the interviews but I have to get through August first, which is my busiest time of the year at work.

Relax, there is nothing nefarious afoot. I will take over the interviews but I have to get through August first, which is my busiest time of the year at work.
What an extremely odd response, it only occurred to me that this interesting thread didn't get a sequel so what are you talking about with "there is nothing nefarious afoot"??? Curiously, when you start with "relax" you are implying that I must be panicking and I can assure you that in no way this is the case! Sorry that TPF doesn't allow me to ask such a simple question, it seems to cause quite a bit of stress for the TPF staff I get the impression and a rather blunt answer as a result that, to be honest, I don't like very much. We are 7 months further and now that I ask out of pure interest, the solution suddenly falls from the sky, I think better to delete this thread!!

Last edited:
What an extremely odd response, it only occurred to me that this interesting thread didn't get a sequel so what are you talking about with "there is nothing nefarious afoot"??? Curiously, when you start with "relax" you are implying that I must be panicking and I can assure you that in no way this is the case! Sorry that TPF doesn't allow me to ask such a simple question, it seems to cause quite a bit of stress for the TPF staff I get the impression and a rather blunt answer as a result that, to be honest, I don't like very much. We are 7 months further and now that I ask out of pure interest, the solution suddenly falls from the sky, I think better to delete this thread!!
My understanding is that he left for the reasons (and related ones) you imply here. I won't repeat the manner in which it was related to me.

It's your tone. Hopefully you've got bigger fish to fry than this? limr plainly does.

Gerard
No worries, Gerard. I did ask for help from the members here, and the guy who agreed to take over did only one before his departure.

You write "No other interviewer was sought" and that's just not accurate. I've chatted behind the scenes with a few members over the past several months, but no one has stepped up except Leo, and we're lucky to have her! She'll be great. But like a lot of people her job has certain busy times. No worries. No time pressure.

I'm glad you mentioned it, and glad you liked the series. But doing it well requires time, as you know from being the very first person to be interviewed. ;)

I'm happy it will be active again, likely sometime this fall. Stay tuned!

No worries, Gerard. I did ask for help from the members here, and the guy who agreed to take over did only one before his departure.

You write "No other interviewer was sought" and that's just not accurate. I've chatted behind the scenes with a few members over the past several months, but no one has stepped up except Leo, and we're lucky to have her! She'll be great. But like a lot of people her job has certain busy times. No worries. No time pressure.

I'm glad you mentioned it, and glad you liked the series. But doing it well requires time, as you know from being the very first person to be interviewed. ;)

I'm happy it will be active again, likely sometime this fall. Stay tuned!
Thanks Terri, a clear answer to a simple question.
Why do moderators on this forum so often stress about something without any reason, it's weird to leave when you just started as an interviewer, but otherwise I don't really care because maybe this person had urgent reasons for that. I've been off the forum for a while myself and noticed that the Member Spotlight never came by, so I don't understand such a response from the moderator in question at all. I've resolved not to respond to anything further, not to interfere in this forum in any way and to frequent TPF a lot less.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back