vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2_2.jpg

Thanks,
Mike V

Some nice action here ... and the photo is VERY small to really say much about it. The boy somehow looks painted ... so different from the rest of the photo, and I wonder how this can be? Compression? Selective sharpening? For it looks like the focus actually is on the part of fence behind him.
His expression is pleasing. It is a tad tightly cropped (cropping off part of the hood of his anorak), which I deplore.

Could you not show us this photo as an 800x533, maybe?

Hi Lafoto,

I used a 50mm prime at 1.8 & 200 shutter speed for the photo. This lens is NOT good for action shots like this at the settings I used which is why the fence was in focus and my kid and the dog are not.

However, I did this on purpose because I created some stuff for photoshop to take out of focus shots and make them look good but with an old look to them and it works really well.

The cool thing is when you use the same thing on shots that are well focused you still get really outstanding and predictable results.

There is currently nothing like it that I know of. I created an action out of it because it really works on ANY photo. I've taken a lot of time and experimenting and got it perfected.

Anyway, below is the larger size of the 1st photo and the second is also a large photo of a shot that was in focus.

Please let me know what you think.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Thanks,
Mike V

Sounds like something interesting you have developed for yourself in PS, and I really like his slightly exhausted, happy, open smile in the new one!
So are those vertical lines part of your new "New-Photo-Looks-Old"-action?
Thanks for showing me the first in a larger size, too!

yes, everything you see is intended to be that way. I can send you the action if you want to try it out. just pm me with an email address and i'll give to you.

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back