WHAT are these SHADOWS in my pictures?????

LD67

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got my Rebel t3 about a week and a half ago. The majority of my pictures have been fine, but quite a few also have this weird shadow in them! These pictures were shot in raw using the Auto setting. Any idea id i'm doing something wrong, or is my camera defective???

Here's a link to where i have a few of the pictures with the shadows in them: Shadows - a set on Flickr

Thanks for any info you can give me!!!

Looks like either a shutter in your camera or aperture fin in your lens are broken. Do you have multiple lenses to test with?

nope. just the lens it came with. but out of about 300+ shots, i'd say only like 15 had this weird shadow thing happen. the rest were fine. if it were broken, shouldn't more pics have been effected this way?

Looks to me like the camera's NECKSTRAP is in front of the lens or in front of the flash's light-output window. If it happened in only 15 out of 300 shots, and you are new to that camera, it could very easily be that kind of an issue. THis type of issue has been going on for many,many years.

I had this issue once, it was an evil demon spirit that haunted my camera.

But nah, it's more than likely Derrel suggested.

it DOES look like that, but i don't have a camera strap on the camera! nor was my hand in front of the lens or flash. i also have the canon S5IS and NEVER had a picture come out like these.

How bout a fumble-fingered finger????? You have plenty of those to go around...it looks a lot like obstruction to me.

I had this happen to me the other day when I used an OCF. Almost seemed like the flash and the shutter were out of sync. I sag this because the shadow was dead straight and in the same spot even when moving.

Turned camera off and in and it cleared it up.

That is definitely not a flash to shutter speed issue. It would be a straight line across the frame if it was. It definitely looks like an obstruction to me.

it certainly looks like an obstruction. but there was none! the pics of my dogs, for instance. they were like 3 feet in front of me. my fingers were not in front of the lens or the flash. plus, it's not a solid obstruction. you can see through it. so, if it IS an obstruction, i have NO idea what it is or how it got there.

New Episode coming soon,The Paranormal investigation of the t3 or will it be debunked.

I'd say you have a shutter taking a dump on you.

Most reactions

Back