What are they for?

I do alot of portrait shots, so that would really help me. Also the battery life will help me for overnighting when I dont remember my batteries. I will be ordering a sigma 70-200 F2.8, Nikon 80-200 F2.8, or sigma 50-500 soon and the balancing act it does will really help with any of those lenses. Could I manage without it? Sure, Do I want one now? Definately. :lol: I think I could really benefit from it. The extra buttons I will definately use alot. I already have the Nikon 70-300 F4-5.6 and I think it wouuld even help with that lens in balancing. I will be getting one I think.

Thanks again.
Mark

EDIT- I also like the look of it on the camera, Josh. :thumbup:

This is my D300 with the grip:
DSC_0005.jpg

And this is a D90 with it's grip:
d90-grip.jpg

It's not as beefy since the D90 is so much smaller, but it still adds to it.

What about the Flashpoint battery grip? I have been reading reviews on adarama and amazon and havent found a bad one yet. Almost all the others have a bad review or two, but I cant find a bad one. Saving the $100 would help. If not, I could save for the Nikon. The way I figure it, I could always send it back if I dont like it.

Mark

Amazon only has one review on it :lol:

I had one made be Meike and the only noticeable difference was how the wheels turned, the Nikon brand is a little more smooth.

There are a lot of review on the zeikos i believe it is nikon d90 grip. Lots of people like it and say it's very very similar to the nikon model but it's only about 50 dollars. When you go into the menu's the camera even recognizes it as a Nikon brand grip. GL!
Tj

I skipped even looking at that one because I didnt know the brand. I will definately look into that one!

Thanks!
Mark

I do alot of portrait shots, so that would really help me. Also the battery life will help me for overnighting when I dont remember my batteries. I will be ordering a sigma 70-200 F2.8, Nikon 80-200 F2.8, or sigma 50-500 soon and the balancing act it does will really help with any of those lenses. Could I manage without it? Sure, Do I want one now? Definately. :lol: I think I could really benefit from it. The extra buttons I will definately use alot. I already have the Nikon 70-300 F4-5.6 and I think it wouuld even help with that lens in balancing. I will be getting one I think.

Thanks again.
Mark

EDIT- I also like the look of it on the camera, Josh. :thumbup:

This is my D300 with the grip:

And this is a D90 with it's grip:

It's not as beefy since the D90 is so much smaller, but it still adds to it.

In fifty years, I don't think that I've ever fired a flash without using a Stroboframe bracket or something comparable. Is it my imagination or does the grip shutter button end up on the bottom (convenient to your thumb) when taking a portrait shot with a Stroboframe supporting the flash?

This may sound stupid, or Im missing something, but what happens to the little door that currently covers the battery on the D90 once you put the grip on it?

Mark

This may sound stupid, or Im missing something, but what happens to the little door that currently covers the battery on the D90 once you put the grip on it?
On Canon DSLRs the little battery door is removable and there is a place to store the battery door on the vertical grip. Not sure if the Nikon DSLRs are like this.

On Canon DSLRs the little battery door is removable and there is a place to store the battery door on the vertical grip. Not sure if the Nikon DSLRs are like this.

Yes, it's the same.

Nevermind. Theres a great video on youtube about it.

Thanks everyone
Mark

Yeah, nothing hard or dangerous about it. Just pull it at an angle and it comes right off.

Not sure if you have to remove the battery door on the grip for the D90 because, I thought it was the same as the one for the D300/700s'. If you do it is made to come off fairly easily. If it is like my D80 was then it is a case of holding it a 45° and pulling.

Not sure if you have to remove the battery door on the grip for the D90 because, I thought it was the same as the one for the D300/700s'. If you do it is made to come off fairly easily. If it is like my D80 was then it is a case of holding it a 45° and pulling.

The D300 is huge compared to the D90, so they have different battery grips.

Most reactions

Back