What are you going to do for Halloween?

Same as last year - watch a movie on TV. We've been here ten years and have never had kids come by.
I guess the razor wire was a pretty good investment.:biglaugh:

We have been known to run off and have a nice dinner out on Halloween - but that was back when Odin was still alive. Halloweens were brutal - every ring of the doorbell set off a volley of barking and general pug snorting indignation that his evening nap was being interrupted. After several years of that, we elected to sneak off and leave the house in the dark.

This will be the 2nd Halloween without him - we have tons of kids in the neighborhood, so we'll be handing out candy. Fortunately, there seems to be a general agreement to have it wrapped up by 8 or 8:30, especially on a school night!

He could be such a brat. :)

Odin1.JPG

Planning to finish editing my tombstone set I started awhile back.

20258360_1323279344438034_5409760146721437865_n.jpg

Eat all my kids candy.

My university campus will have trick or treating stations with ghouls handing out candy. Kids are lucky to be able to experience trick or treating in SK.

At our old house we used to decorate and go all out. Had tons of kids come by. I would put on a creepy old man mask,and clothes then sit real still by the door, holding a pan of treats, with a sign only take one. For those who didn't follow the sign, they got the &*^% scared out of them. I had adults jump over the railing on the porch leaving their kids behind. LOLS

Since we moved haven't had a single one come up to the house. Course being so far off the road up a dark drive through the woods, scared off many i'm sure.

I used to go all out with a yard display, I'd dress up and scare the kids but in the last few years we've had a few destructive ones. Since I'm not allowed to kill them I'm forced to stop. I can't afford the time and money into it just to be wrecked each year.
This year I may dress up. If I do it will be something like below.
325308_10150652396661944_1916346581_o.jpg

What my yard used to look like.
I know I miss spelled cemetery. lol.

I used to go all out with a yard display,

Your yard was so cool, it's a shame that there are a few out there that spoil the fun for everyone.

I like the whole concept of Hallowe'en and there's part of me that wants to decorate and dress up.

The rest of me, however, can't be bothered. Kids never come to the house (not on the main trick-or-treating routes) so I don't even have to figure out a way to avoid them.

I've got a few decorations up at work, though.

I usually have a light or two on both inside and out. But on that night, I turn them all off and sit at the computer with nothing more than the monitor light. I live on a cul-de-sac and even when I did take the effort to pony up suitable extortion to the local munchins, I'd be lucky to have just 2 or 3 groups darken my door.

Not that I'm against kids out having fun, but it just ain't worth my time decorating and playing along for just 4 kids. I have snack-size candy bars on hand 365 days a year so if some little monsters do infiltrate my perimeter they will at least be rewarded with my contribution to their dentist.

Next week I'll set up a scarecrow and a pumpkin puking it's innards in the yard.
On the evening the town designates for trick-or-treat night I'll be set up outside to hand out treats.

I usually have a light or two on both inside and out. But on that night, I turn them all off and sit at the computer with nothing more than the monitor light. I live on a cul-de-sac and even when I did take the effort to pony up suitable extortion to the local munchins, I'd be lucky to have just 2 or 3 groups darken my door.

Not that I'm against kids out having fun, but it just ain't worth my time decorating and playing along for just 4 kids. I have snack-size candy bars on hand 365 days a year so if some little monsters do infiltrate my perimeter they will at least be rewarded with my contribution to their dentist.

That's how it's been, here. Razor wire joking aside, the first few years we went out and bought several bags of candy - zero kids. We finally gave up. Maybe I'll carve or paint a pumpkin, just for fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back