What are you watching on TV right now?

Still dig the "Lincoln Lawyer" series. Manuel Garcia-Rulfo is wildly underrated.
The most recent season was excellent! Also a great supporting cast except the ex wife/office manager is annoying.

The most recent season was excellent! Also a great supporting cast except the ex wife/office manager is annoying.
Yup. Verges on truism but the supporting cast makes these character-driven series, e.g., "Bosch," "Goliath," "Peaky Blinders" to name some faves.

Watching ‘Raising Hope’

And Just Like That, the SATC spin-off series. Wouldn't call it a great watch, but it's entertaining and makes a great background noise for when I'm deep into Photoglory and photo restorations.

The Wheel of Time, Season 2 and waiting impatiently for the next episode of Unforgotten!

Been binging on Korean movies: Train to Busan(the ultimate scary-as-hell zombie movie), original Snowpiercer(skip the awful remake), Parasite, Squid Game series if you never saw it.

Deeply addicted to HK maestro Wong Kar Wai's films: In the Mood for Love, 2046, Chungking Express and Days of Being Wild. Worth looking for if they're streaming somewhere. Chris Doyle's rapturous cinematography for those films will hook any photographer.

But you asked, right?

Last edited:
This is an "oddity". There is a fairly famous S Korean drama called "Hotel Del Luna". It is being streamed basically non-stop since Oct 12, 2023 and I think it might be ending in about another week. The real problem is that it has no subtitles, so unless you already know the show, or actually understand Korean, it is just interesting to watch the images. That's worth about 5 min. It is nicely shot, but it wasn't really wonderful camera work. The stories were well written, and well acted.

Nov 30, 2023
The link became "bad". I have corrected it. As of Nov 30, 2023, it is still going. I don't know how long it will run for. Maybe a few more weeks?

""

Last edited:
My affair with British tv continues this winter. Broke down and got a Britbox subscription. I may never leave the house again!! Watched and loved Shetland and Karen Pirie and now have moved on to Blue Lights. I really enjoy the way the British series have one main storyline that goes for the whole season vs most American mystery/crime drama shows that are more formulaic with each episode having a mini story that is over and done in one hour. Also it’s nice to see characters that are not all perfect looking. Anyway… cheers mate.

Started going through all of the Netflix Marvel shows that I missed out on. I've been coming to the realization that I've watched some of these out of order so I'm about to kick off Daredevil tonight having already watched Luke Cage, most of the first season of Iron Fist, and the first season of The Punisher and stuff's not making sense.

We're finishing up the 3rd and final season of The Great. Hulu canceled this show, likely due to production costs. It's been a crazy hoot and I'm still annoyed about it.

Also finished catching up with The Bear. It just won several Golden Globes, best actor/actress, etc. Love it! And a Season 3 will be in production soon. :1247:

MLW is watching "All Creatures Great ans Small." I binge watched through all released episodes on PBS Passport; she's elected to watch each new episode when it's broadcast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back