What are you watching on TV right now?

My wife and I just watched “ The Pale Blue Eye “ on Netflix. We both enjoyed it much. If you’re a fan of period pieces, Edgar A. Poe or Christian Bale, give it a go!
It was very compelling but why do all Christian Bale movies have to be so dark and depressing?

I do not know, but you're right now that I think about it. I thought the Poe addition really was an interesting bit though!
That actor even looks like Poe. And the heart thing…

We are in Parker Az tucked in between some hills. No TV but can download when at library here..
Into season 5 of Seal Team with David Boreanaz.
Did 1883 and loved it, but I like history.
Almost to end of Yellwstone and enjoy it.

We are in Parker Az tucked in between some hills. No TV but can download when at library here..
Into season 5 of Seal Team with David Boreanaz.
Did 1883 and loved it, but I like history.
Almost to end of Yellwstone and enjoy it.
1883 is absolutely my favorite thing I’ve watched in many years!

"Fauda" on Netflix Canada. Multi-season drama series set in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Superb screenplays and acting. Worth a look if available.

Currently working through the series 'Fringe' from 2008 (kind of an X-Files clone from what I can see so far after just two episodes) which we have only just discovered and the final series of Better Call Saul which is for sure somewhere in my top 10 TV of all time.

Not sure how I feel about “ I don’t feel at home in this world anymore” on Netflix. At first, I thought it was going to be a modern, comedic take on Michael Douglas’ old movie “ Falling Down “. There are many moments in the beginning that suggest that, but when the gore ( I hate gory movies ) starts, you begin to see it‘s a bit more like a Tarantino film with twists you probably won’t see coming. The main actress is the one who played Charlie’s neighbor Rose in 3 1/2 Men. Elijah Wood is her neurotic neighbor with a rat tail 😂 It’s very gritty and will make you realize why you were probably right to lock your doors when you drive through certain neighborhoods! I did watch the entire movie, so I guess I have to give it a passing grade, but that is probably a bit due to always having found Rose to be more desirable than Charlie’s bimbo choices🤫

Not sure how I feel about “ I don’t feel at home in this world anymore” on Netflix. At first, I thought it was going to be a modern, comedic take on Michael Douglas’ old movie “ Falling Down “. There are many moments in the beginning that suggest that, but when the gore ( I hate gory movies ) starts, you begin to see it‘s a bit more like a Tarantino film with twists you probably won’t see coming. The main actress is the one who played Charlie’s neighbor Rose in 3 1/2 Men. Elijah Wood is her neurotic neighbor with a rat tail 😂 It’s very gritty and will make you realize why you were probably right to lock your doors when you drive through certain neighborhoods! I did watch the entire movie, so I guess I have to give it a passing grade, but that is probably a bit due to always having found Rose to be more desirable than Charlie’s bimbo choices🤫
Had not heard of that but it sounds interesting, may give it a go over the weekend.

Just watched the first season of Reacher on Amazon. Ugh I was bored and my mom loved the books, hopefully they are better, so I watched it. It had it’s moments. The main character Jack Reacher is typical action hero with antics that are impossible. There are some recognizable supporting actors in it. All the Actresses‘ are unknowns. Reminded me of 80’s Scwartznegger, Stallone, VanDamme, Chuck Norris type show.

I found "Scorpion" by accident a couple weeks ago. Not a great show, by any stretch, but I find it somewhat enjoyable. I started watching from the beginning with the the "on demand" feature.

I also have started watching "Born & Bred" on DC'S PBS UK channel.

Started the crime thriller 'Happy Valley' on BBC last night and didn't get to bed until 2am, so I guess that is a recommendation...

Currently working through the series 'Fringe' from 2008 (kind of an X-Files clone from what I can see so far after just two episodes) which we have only just discovered and the final series of Better Call Saul which is for sure somewhere in my top 10 TV of all time.

Still haven’t started Better Call Saul. I loved BB so not sure what I’m waiting for…thanks for the reminder.

I watched Criminal on Prime (or Netflix?) last night. It was good. Interesting to see some well known British actors playing opposite their usual characters. The last episode with Kunal Nayyar (Raj from Big Bang) was very unexpected.

Last edited:
The Pale Blue Eye on Netflix was a good movie. The series The Curse of Oak Island on the History channel is very good. A little redundant how they cut previous footage into the new footage. Interesting artifacts they are finding in the digs and the metal detectors.

Just finished watching 'Finding Vivian Maier' on Amazon Prime video.

Would not be surprised to hear many on this forum already know about it but if not I can highly recommend it!

All starts with a student purchasing a lock up/storage room box full of negatives at an auction from a deceased client.... Fascinating.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back