What's new

What are you watching on TV right now?

Just recently devoured season 1 of The Pitt. I'm a sucker for a medical drama and I loved Noah Wyle in ER, plus it's set in my old grad school stomping grounds of Pittsburgh, so it was a no-brainer for me. It's not perfect, but it's very well done and I was totally sucked in. Waiting for season 2.

Buzz and I have also been slowly making our way through "Only Murders in the Building" and oh my god, it is brilliant!
 
Lovin' "Ballard." Spin-off from the killer "Bosch" series. Unlike most police procedurals, women fill the key roles in the cold case crew here. Like Bosch, same great LA atmosphere. No jazz background soundtrack, though :^((
Well worth a look.
Brings to mind--and channels--Jill Leovy's stunning book, "Ghettocide."
 
"KPOP Demon Hunters"
This year I was surprised by the Netflix show "KPOP Demon Hunters". Apparently this is a global hit now. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing it in the near future. There has been a lot of coverage globally due to its popularity. I would say that there was no established "big star" connected with it -- it was all well positioned "background" people. It's hard to describe. I'm posting a YouTube clip (from "Poetic Enterprises, Aug 22, 2025) about some of the singing voices (length is about 17:16).

[Original link not working, replaced by a new reference link posted to YouTube Aug 8, 2025, by "Poetic Enterprises", length: 12:38]:

 
Last edited:
Wednesday!!! I'm rewatching S1 in order to finally watch S2 in full.
 
MLSIL has been recording various mystery shows: Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise among a few others. We'll watch them in the evenings, usually two or three each night.
 
"KPOP Demon Hunters"
This year I was surprised by the Netflix show "KPOP Demon Hunters". Apparently this is a global hit now. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing it in the near future. There has been a lot of coverage globally due to its popularity. I would say that there was no established "big star" connected with it -- it was all well positioned "background" people. It's hard to describe. I'm posting a YouTube clip (from "Poetic Enterprises, Aug 22, 2025) about some of the singing voices (length is about 17:16).

[Original link not working, replaced by a new reference link posted to YouTube Aug 8, 2025, by "Poetic Enterprises", length: 12:38]:


Regarding KPDH, if you want to see if there is a difference between the real "historic" K-Pop girl groups and "Huntr/x", then you might watch this video (Warning! -- Very Long 30:59):

"TOP 10 MOST VIEWED K-POP GIRL GROUPS OF EACH YEAR - (2009 to 2025)",
""

This is an updated edit of a video I saw a long time ago (two or three years ago?) This version was posted to YouTube on Sep 23, 2025,
 
Wow! "House of Guinness" on Netflix from Steven Knight. If you missed it, his "Peaky Blinders" is worth finding. Great cast, stunning production values, strong female characters--all Knight hallmarks.
 
Wichita State Women's Volleyball against UAB (University of Alabama Birmingham)....WSU WON 💪😎👍
 
Jeesh, just watched a sleeper on Netflix Canada: "Lies We Tell." An Irish-produced mid-Victorian Gothic thriller/mystery tale. Worth a look, especially for the fantastic Agnes O'Casey.
 
I’m re-watching the last season of Stranger Things in anticipation of the finale dropping on 12/25! I hope to watch it over the weekend while we’re in our Christmas cocoon.
 
Well this is a photo site, so even though it's a movie, I have to say Train Dreams on Netflix is flat out the most visually beautiful film I've seen in recent years.

 
Well this is a photo site, so even though it's a movie, I have to say Train Dreams on Netflix is flat out the most visually beautiful film I've seen in recent years.


I’ll have to check that out. I’ve always enjoyed watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty just for the visuals. The most recent movie version of Pride and Prejudice also has some stunning scenery.
 
fallout season 2 has started on amazon. if you'ver ever played the video games, then you won't be disappointed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom