What are you watching on TV right now?

Just finished watching 'Finding Vivian Maier' on Amazon Prime video.

Would not be surprised to hear many on this forum already know about it but if not I can highly recommend it!

All starts with a student purchasing a lock up/storage room box full of negatives at an auction from a deceased client.... Fascinating.
The subsequent legal squabbles over ownership and proceeds from publication are just as interesting.

Look out for this doc on Garry Winogrand:

and this earlier film full of Winogrand in action:

Watching Dark Matter. Kind of a darker version of Firefly. 3 seasons total. Halfway through season 2. If you liked Firefly you’ll like this one.

umm the tv is on but I am printing photos for a club comp. will mount them Monday ready for Monday evening hand in. . Again last min only here whilst waiting for images to finish printing, change inks re start, dont like effect, edit re print.. pull out what hair is left. Ah... ready.. Bye all

"The Law According to Lidia Poet" on Netflix. Italy's first woman lawyer.

I’m just starting Season 2 of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It’s a GOT type of story on a smaller scale about the Danes vs the Saxons. A bit bloody at times but entertaining and well acted. Lots of familiar British actors among the cast. The lead looks like a young Brad Pitt which certainly doesn’t hurt. Season 1 was good , we’ll see if Season 2 can measure up. I think there are 5 seasons total.

Would not be surprised to hear many on this forum already know about it but if not I can highly recommend it!

All starts with a student purchasing a lock up/storage room box full of negatives at an auction from a deceased client.... Fascinating.
I watched this last week and highly recommend. I remember reading about it a few years ago. Happy it was mentioned in this thread.

I’m just starting Season 2 of The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It’s a GOT type of story on a smaller scale about the Danes vs the Saxons. A bit bloody at times but entertaining and well acted. Lots of familiar British actors among the cast. The lead looks like a young Brad Pitt which certainly doesn’t hurt. Season 1 was good , we’ll see if Season 2 can measure up. I think there are 5 seasons total.
"Vikings" is another Dark Ages romp.

I enjoyed the documentary of Pete Souza, White House Photographer. I think that was released in 2020

Nothing - I'm on my computer.

Don't own a t.v. Prefer the outdoors, versus "inside". But I did stumble upon some old episodes of Groucho Marx in "You Bet Your Life", last night. Timeless.

Groucho was truly a genius. My kids and I had a blast laughing at his "schtick", whilst the wife watched old episodes of "House", which I find way too time consuming! All on the computer, which has replaced the television, for better, or worse.

I just found Vivian Maier - Street Photographer at a thrift store this week, for a twoonie. I'll always love, and lean "analog".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back