What Book are you reading or just finished ?

reading.....very very slowly....To Rule The Waves: How The British Navy Shaped The Modern World by Arthur Herman. Fascinating.
And also - Rough Guide To India ...wanna go someday

Reliving here, too. :D
All the Thomas-Lynley crime stories by Elizabeth George!
I'm still with the first, "A Suitable Vengance", but the others are standing in the shelf, one after the other.

I remember the Dragonlance series...I should read them again....good stuff.

I'm usually in the middle of a few books...right now I think it's 'Return of the King', 'The Silmarillion' and 'The Goblet of Fire'

I have never read a book in my life. But you've inspired me, I am gonna go to the library tomorrow and get a book to see if I enjoy it. I've always wanted to read a book but it's never really interested me.

nitefly said:
I have never read a book in my life. But you've inspired me, I am gonna go to the library tomorrow and get a book to see if I enjoy it. I've always wanted to read a book but it's never really interested me.

Start With Dragons Of Autumn Twilight ... AWESOME .. takes a little time to get in to ... but sooooo well written !

I have been reading (trying to read) Crichton's "State of Fear" since February... i'm only halfway through it... not totally impressed so far... i like a book that makes you stay up until 4am because you just can't put it down...

recently read I am Alive and you are Dead: A journey into the mind of Philip K. Dick by Emmanuel Carrere, very interesting

started reading two of my sister's books: Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them by Al Franken (witty book, i thought hilarious, only read the first 30 pages though), and Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk, only read the opening chapter, heard it was very violent, sounds good! also started reading Sex Slaves: The Trafficking of Women in Asia by Louise Brown, interest born out of what i saw up close and personal in Thailand

Just started Kids Are Worth It by Barbara Coloroso. It's been on my reading list for a long time and it's been recommended by a lot of my friends who have children.

In the last two weeks I finished: The Count of Monte Cristo, Memoirs of a Geisha, Falling Leaves, My Sister's Keeper and The Mayor of Casterbridge, and I must say, I am quite 'read-out' right about now. But I am always looking for a good book, so I will be checking back on this thread to create a new 'to-read' list :)

last week i read The Life of Pi, and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night (the latter a LaFoto recommendation) both very good books.

this week im reading Blindness by Jose Saramago. I havent finished it yet, got about 100 pages left, but it's turning out to be the best book I've ever read. It's not for the faint hearted, but it will drag every single emotion possible out of you and make you live it. Check it out if you get the chance.

Will be needing a new book for next week, so need some recommendations :)

Most reactions

Back