What book are you reading?

Just finished The bang bang club.Very hard hitting book that has a photographic background but is really about violence and what people are capable of in bad situations

Just finished "The Alloy of Law" by Brandon Sanderson. Starting on some George MacDonald short stories.

Just finished One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. Then watched the movie for the first time on Netflix. Loved the book. I think I would have liked the movie sans the book.

I finished "My Sisters Keeper" the other night by Jodi Piccoult and now I'm on "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks. Before these two, I read "The Help". I should be finished with "the Last Song" tonight. I usually manage to read 1-3 books a week.

I'm on the fifth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy, "Mostly Harmless"

^^One of the most entertaining authors, ever. Pity he died so young.
Right now, I'm re-reading one of my very favorite books, The Princess Bride, by William Goldman. It's one of a very small number of books where I've enjoyed both the book AND the movie. But the book is still light-years better.

I always have more than one book going at a time--other books I'm reading, or have in the "cue":
Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
Regarding Ducks and Universes by Neve Maslahovic (never heard of author or book, but it was on sale, so why not)
D5100 Field Guide
The Twelfth Imam by Joel Rosenberg
The Well by Mark Wall

'The Lusty Argonian Maid' :lol:

Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arther Conan Doyle.

I usually manage to read 1-3 books a week.

Come marry me! :lmao:

When I tell people how much I read I can see in their eyes how crazy they think I am...

I'm going through the whole Philippe Djian collection right now. He is probably totally unknow in the US even though he was responsible for a movie called "Betty Blue." I seem to remember that movie doing pretty good in the US and he had written the book the movie was pulled from.

I usually manage to read 1-3 books a week.

Come marry me! :lmao:

When I tell people how much I read I can see in their eyes how crazy they think I am...

I'm going through the whole Philippe Djian collection right now. He is probably totally unknow in the US even though he was responsible for a movie called "Betty Blue." I seem to remember that movie doing pretty good in the US and he had written the book the movie was pulled from.

I usually get made fun of! I am always so busy, but I stay up way past my husband (Sorry, can't marry you!!! lol) and read.

I have 5 series going right now. But I try to mix all my reading up, so I'm reading random authors right now. I have the Sookie Stackhouse Novels going (which TrueBlood is based), the Boleyn Series by Philippa Gregory, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, the Darkly Dreaming Dexter Series(which "Dexter" is based), the Hunger Games Trilogy (one more book to go!) and the Clan of the Cavebear series.

I love to read!

Two on the go right now, one practical and one inspirational......

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Composting - Chris McLaughlin
Shamanism, Archaic Techniques of Ecstacy - Mircea Eliade

I wish I could read more...well, I'd like to have more time...but with 3 young kids, it's constant chaos when I'm at home. I almost always have a book that I'm reading when I go to bed...but it's always a trade off between staying up too late or actually getting the sleep that I need. When I have a new book, it's usually staying up too late. But I'll often have a 'comfort' book, that I've read many times before, just to help me fall asleep.

Moby Dick - Herman Melville

and just got Understanding Flash Photography by Bryan Peterson from amazon.ca. I figured I should read something to go along with my new flash ;)

Currently in the beginnings of the "Speer Reloading Manual", will followup soon with the Hornady 8th edtiion reloading manual.

Making things go bang for less $$.

Add "Nothing to Envy", a report on North Korea as told by defectors to the list. I also just got the Steve Jobs bio (thanks to our own, though sadly inactive Corry), so I'll be starting it soon.

Also, not really "reading", but I'm going through "The Internet is a Playground", a collection of tales by famed internet troll David Thorne.

eReaders are magic.

General: Summer Crossing (Truman Capote)

Photographic: The Photographer's Eye (Michael Freeman)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back