Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Sigma

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Sony

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • other

Votes: 22 8.3%

• Total voters
I hadn't even checked this thread, I just noticed your avi in the other thread. Then I saw this was getting traffic so I came in here and saw how it unfolded :lol:

I need to find a picture of a Canon

Here's a photo I took back in 2004; it shows a lot of Canon's heritage and core values.

4296650296_27799b29f8_o.jpg

You're missing the "pg" after ".j" at the end of your url, Derrel.

and before that... there was the Kwanon Camera... which established a lot of design ground work in Japanese cameras...

Yes, it did establish a lot of groundwork for later Japanese cameras.History Hall - Canon Camera Story1933-1936
"The first Canon camera under this joint development was introduced to the market in February l936 (although some have said that the actual date was October l935). In manufacturing the "Hansa Canon," Nippon Kogaku was responsible for the lens, the lens mount, the optical system of viewfinder and the rangefinder mechanism, while Precision Optical Instruments Laboratory was responsible for the main body including the focal-plane-shutter, the rangefinder cover as well as the assembly of the camera body."

Yep....the first Canon camera carried with it a lens, lens mount, viewfinder,and rangefinder system all designed and manufactured by Nippon Kogaku----the parent company of Nikon! For roughly the first ten years of their production, Canon rangefinder cameras used lenses made by Nikon's parent corporation, with the Nikon lens name of "Nikkor" on the lenses. Strange, but true! Here's a nice page showing that first Canon camera and its Nikkor lens. HANSA - Seiki-Kogaku (Canon) rangefinder Models -index page Japan is an unusual country, with many cooperative agreements of a type that we in North America and Europe seem to find odd.

we've done this before... lol

and how does that heritage nor the one in other markets matter?

As I recall.... the sheer breadth of Canon's business structure helped jump start its CMOS development while Nikon still depended on Sony.

we can go in circles... blah blah.. in the end.. heritage only matters to branding nutzoids.

Yep, it all goes back and forth,back and forth. Ease up usayit, there's no need for your sudden underwear bunching-up, nor any need for your condescending lecturing,nor your condescending tone, let alone your use of the word "nutzoids."

Thanks for the laughs, guys. Wonderful logo and avatar work.

Most reactions

Back