What's new

What camera do you use?

What do you use?

  • Canon

    Votes: 115 43.4%
  • Hasselblad

    Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Leica

    Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Mamiya

    Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Nikon

    Votes: 137 51.7%
  • Olympus

    Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Panasonic

    Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Pentax

    Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Sigma

    Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Sony

    Votes: 15 5.7%
  • other

    Votes: 22 8.3%

  • Total voters
    265
I guess my point was that 2 years ago they weren't even 1%. Yeah, they jumped, fell off and if their new models are popular (low cost full frames) then they should see an increase again.

Um, Sony had a ~ 6% market share in the DSLR market in the years leading up to 2007:

2007 Worldwide Digital Camera Market Share Review - Digital SLR Blog - DigitalCameraInfo.com

But yes, we'll have to see if their future low-cost FF models will prove to be popular. It doesn't seem like their current one -- the Alpha 850 -- is.
Thanks for the link, as you can see in the data I shared that isn't reflected. Their sales numbers in Japan were expressed as "?" for the years I mentioned.

Regardless of their numbers, Canon's numbers continue to increase and Nikon's continue to decrease. It seemed to me, based on the numbers I shared with the source cited, that Sony was taking more from Nikon than Canon in terms of market share. Would you agree or disagree?
 
Regardless of their numbers, Canon's numbers continue to increase and Nikon's continue to decrease. It seemed to me, based on the numbers I shared with the source cited, that Sony was taking more from Nikon than Canon in terms of market share. Would you agree or disagree?

Based on the sales numbers in Japan in 2008? Sure. Agreed. In 2009? I don't see it.


Worldwide DSLR sales don't seem to reflect that, though:

dslrMarket-458x280.jpg

source: Nikon doing well, better than Canon in the past two years (2008 vs 2006) | Nikon Rumors


Can't find a better source right now, but I think it's been posted before. I believe Canon was still slightly ahead... even in 2007.

In 2006, though? Canon was way ahead IIRC. Odd how the Japanese numbers for that year are like... the exact opposite. :confused:
 
I just think its funny that the source is Nikon Rumors.

Yeah.... that's why I posted the actual source (Photoscala.de). Regardless... Canon probably had a significant lead over Nikon in 2009.

I knew the source.. I was just pullin your chain.

I'm still hoping for the next "underdog" to kick either Canon or Nikon off.. I've been following photographic equipment for a while and the whole Canon versus Nikon thing is getting old. My hope is Sony (because of Minolta and Zeiss) and/or Pentax (I'm a pentax fan) albeit a little less these days since they killed the 645D project.


Actually, I lied (a little)... I'm really hopin for Leica but that's a long shot.. :lol:
 
...bump for more (Canon) votes. ;)
 
Ugh... don't remind us Nikon Fan-Boyeeees of our shame like that... :lol:

Although, Ashton is a HUGE step up from Lady Ga-ga-ga-gag-me!
 
You nikon people just don't understand that Canon shooters don't care about silly things like this poll. We know that our system is the best require no one or group to justify our decisions... furthermore.. .... ... and.. what? huh? oh....

Actually, Canon is winning which makes me feel good. I like affirmation. I must belong to the majority. It's critical to being successful.

Oh darn... never mind.. :Joker:
 
...bump for more (Canon) votes. ;)
Josh... Canon is losing fair and square!
Only because most Canon users stay on the Canon boards, which are free. Nikon users drift all over the net because the big Nikon boards require a subscription. Even being a Nikon internet user is more expensive.

:D
 
I didn't know that Lady Gaga sponsored Nikon.... IMO, I think she's a better sponsor/celeb to represent Nikon.

She doesn't/didn't sponsor Nikon... she's Polaroid's new "Director of Creativity" or some such...

Only because most Canon users stay on the Canon boards, which are free. Nikon users drift all over the net because the big Nikon boards require a subscription. Even being a Nikon internet user is more expensive.

:D

Tim... excuses only make your position weaker... If you're trying to explain away your inferior position, that's an admission of that inferiority!

I'm not judgin'... just sayin'...:-P:lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom