What camera should i buy?

Sankte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys!

I am new to photography and i have just started my own company. What im doing? I am providing companies with digital marketing and to do that i need a good camera. Im thinking DSLR is the most bang for the buck. So the question is what camera do i need?

Basicly what i need the camera for is for videos and some pictures. Video is important but my customers also want photos of their products. I have looked at the Canon t5i or canon 700D as its named here in Sweden. I have also looked at the Sony A68K as it´s right now on sale. The Canon costs around 600 dollars here and the Sony usually costs 800 dollars but right now the Sony is on sale for 500 dollars.

So which camera is the best option for me? I need the camera for shooting videos alot and i edit them in Final Cut Pro X. And also need the camera for pictures. Pictures for marketing.

I really need the help guys i am totally lost in this. An example of video i shoot will be posted here below!

I really appreciate if you guys could help me!

Video:
EXAMPLE OF VIDEOS I SHOOT.

Canon T5i (600$): Canon EOS 700D Systemkamera + 18-55mm EF-S + batteri - Systemkamera

Sony A68K (500$): Sony Alpha A68K SLT kamera + 18-55 mm objektiv - Systemkamera

Last edited:
No, absolutely NOT the t5i, it has a VERY old sensor in it
For mostly video for limited money I would direct you to either the Canon 70D or Sony a6000
Both have amazing video capabilities.
Each is not perfect though and has its issues.
If you are ok with manual focus in video then I would direct you at Panasonic G7
If you are less limited with your funds then you can consider the Sony a6500 or Canon 80D and again both not perfect each with its issues or Panasonic G85.
I have been doing a lot of research into video cameras DSLR and mirrorless and currently in the market there isn't a single REALLY good camera, all have issues so its hard to recommend only one to do it all.
BTW all the new modern cameras have the potential to create beautiful pictures, its more a question of the skills of the user and also the lenses he uses.

Thanks for the respond! But i believe the 70D and a6000 is abit to expensive. I have maximum 600 Dollars to spend. What do you think then? Which camera gives me the best bang for the buck? Thanks!

Panasonic G7 then, in the US today you can get it for under 500$ with its kit lens.
Its a very good video camera and take very good stills.
After a lot of research I bought one myself for mostly video, it does 4K and really is the best you can buy in your budget for your needs.

Panasonic G7 then, in the US today you can get it for under 500$ with its kit lens.
Its a very good video camera and take very good stills.
After a lot of research I bought one myself for mostly video, it does 4K and really is the best you can buy in your budget for your needs.
Alright thanks alot for the answers. I have looked at the g7 myself but in sweden it Costs 1000 $ with lens. My budget is max 600. What do you think about the a68k Sony? It seems to have good focus which is great for videos and it shoots 1080/60p. Or why is this camera not a good option? Thanks for answers

Then consider the Nikon D3300
My videographer who mostly uses Canon for her video uses my Nikon D3300 from time to time when we do weddings and she loves it.
It can do 60FPS 1080p and I bought my D3300 for 280$ USD new in Canada body only.
Another option is Nikon D5200 is you find it, it has swivel screen and should cost same as a D3300 but it has been replaced so it might be hard to find it
If you go Sony then don't go bellow the a6000

Ok, but why do you believe the D3300 or D5200 is bettet than Sony A68k ? I mean it also records in 1080/60p and it has 79 focus points. It has 23mpx camera. And stabilizer in the camera house so lenses should be cheap. Or? Please motivate why i shoudnt buy it or why i should buy nikon D3300. Thanks!

Well basicly i want to rekord videos of companies while thej work etc and put it on Facebook, instagram for example. And also photos of products they sell or portraits.

So basicly in wonfering what camera workshop best for me then. The budget is now 700 dollars. I have narrowed it down to. Nikon D3400, nikon D5400,d5300. Or Sony A68K. Which 1 should i go for ?

If you go for the nikons I have a d3300 and the 3400 hasn't improved much. I would rather go for the d5400. That flip screen will come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
I believe you mean Nikon D5500, there isn't a D5400, Nikon jumped from the D5300 to the D5500

Here is a comparison between d3300 and Sony A68k. Is there something important that im missing?

Nikon D3300 vs Sony A68 Detailed Comparison
Basically the lenses, Sony has fewer lenses compared to Nikon and it looses about 1/3 to 1/2 stop of light due to the translucent mirrorbut as Sony doesn't make DSLR they make SLT, its not a bad camera,if you want it then get it, I am sure it will do a fine job and you will be happy with it too.

Hello guys!

I am new to photography and i have just started my own company. What im doing? I am providing companies with digital marketing and to do that i need a good camera. Im thinking DSLR is the most bang for the buck. So the question is what camera do i need?

Basicly what i need the camera for is for videos and some pictures. Video is important but my customers also want photos of their products. I have looked at the Canon t5i or canon 700D as its named here in Sweden. I have also looked at the Sony A68K as it´s right now on sale. The Canon costs around 600 dollars here and the Sony usually costs 800 dollars but right now the Sony is on sale for 500 dollars.

So which camera is the best option for me? I need the camera for shooting videos alot and i edit them in Final Cut Pro X. And also need the camera for pictures. Pictures for marketing.

I really need the help guys i am totally lost in this. An example of video i shoot will be posted here below!

I really appreciate if you guys could help me!

Video:
EXAMPLE OF VIDEOS I SHOOT.

Canon T5i (600$): Canon EOS 700D Systemkamera + 18-55mm EF-S + batteri - Systemkamera

Sony A68K (500$): Sony Alpha A68K SLT kamera + 18-55 mm objektiv - Systemkamera

To preface my remarks: I live in Los Angeles, the media capital of the world. This a large, mature and professional marketplace for media/marketing. I haven't a clue as to the level of marketing in Sweden.

Good photography/videography is not easy. I have owned a successful PR company and I ran political campaigns. Thinking that you can just grab a camera and capture successful images is a BIG mistake. You cannot. You may get luck every now and then, but one of the differences between a professional photographer and a non-professional photographer is consistency. The pro will capture the exceptional day-in and day-out, they are paid to do so.

I was not impressed with the video. The message started well, but then kept changing, the dimly lighted scenes were horrible, the white balance of the indoor food shots was off rendering the food unappealing, et al ... I could go on, but I think you get my message. If this was to be a travelogue, it is far too long, it could easily be shortened to 60 seconds for greater impact.

As a former owner of a media company in Los Angeles, I think you would find greater success if you hired professionals to capture your still and moving images. In this marketplace, sub-par quality would make it extremely tough to get clients and impossible to keep them.

Get a camera, learn photography, but photography is a craft. Like in any craft, it takes time to learn. Take classes, take your camera and shoot next to the professionals you've hired to shoot your jobs. Learn from them.

You are new to photography, why do you think you are capable of creating stills and videos for which clients are willing to pay money? I really don't understand.

Most reactions

Back