what camera to get?

shymedq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I normaly sit in the back or on the top level for concerts so a camera with good zoom is a must but one that is not like the [h=1]Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR or the[/h]Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 due to the huge lens sticking out

what about then the sony wx300 or sony 50v, lumix fz200 or fujifilm finepix hs50 EXR or the canon s6500

also take a look at these

Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
ummm I am confused by your post. Are you trying to sell us camera-- or asking for recommendations.

I am asking for help on my camera to get that will take good pictures at a concert if you are sitting in the way back or on the top level.
recommendations

Read top post.

Wouldnt get either.

If you are in a concert where you got low light situation then you need a DSLR with a good zoom.

I would get a Full Frame camera with a telezoom and if you cant afford a full frame then I would go with a cropped sensor like a Nikon D7000 or Canon T4i

due to the huge lens sticking out
That's how optical zoom is accomplished. The more zoom, the longer the lens.

So, if that is a primary disqualifying requirement for you, you're pretty much out of luck as there are no cameras to suggest to you.

Wouldnt get either.

If you are in a concert where you got low light situation then you need a DSLR with a good zoom.

I would get a Full Frame camera with a telezoom and if you cant afford a full frame then I would go with a cropped sensor like a Nikon D7000 or Canon T4i

NOTE: Many (probably most actually) concert venues have restrictions for photography. They vary by venue, but the most common restriction I see is against any camera with a "removable lens". You may find that if the venue doesn't allow DSLR cameras. Always check with the venue before attempting to bring a camera.

+1 TCampell as mentions. Many have restrictions and by your criteria is too demanding for all P&S.
You might get some decent snapshots tho would rule out decent prints.
Even most dslr's with long zoom would fail in many situations.

The cheapest would be the D7000 or D7100 and a big honking f2.8 zoom to be sure in getting the pics.
As your requirements covers a very difficult shooting situation.

Just comes down to price & size.
The biggest hurdle is distance to stage and the further away you are,
the bigger problems and more expensive to overcome.

confused how is f.28 zoom compared to say the sony hx200v or the
FZ200?

The constant f2.8 lens on the $490 FZ200 will get you very close to the light-gathering ability of a constant f2.8 on a DSLR, but the camera will be much smaller, a lot less expensive and much more likely to get into a concert venue.

I didn't recommend it earlier, because you said you were concerned about "...the huge lens sticking out" - but, because of the 24x constant f2.8 lens, it is the best camera on your list for this job.

Here is a gallery of photos taken at a Madonna concert from the nosebleed section with the FZ200:

Madonna - 11-4-2012 - St Paul, MN - a set on Flickr

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back