What date is next Wednesday?

If today is Monday 5/11, what date is next Wednesday?

• 5/13

• 5/20

Results are only viewable after voting.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious how this is interpreted?

I'd say 20th as that's next week. The 13th would be this Wednesday and the 6th, last Wednesday. No doubt others will see it differently.

I'd say 20th as that's next week. The 13th would be this Wednesday and the 6th, last Wednesday. No doubt others will see it differently.

It’s a poll. Vote and let your opinion be counted.

Voted as we are right..lol

As a native English speaker, I would have to say that the answer has already been given. I voted in the poll.

Is this a quarantine boredom question or what?? lol

This Wed. is the 13th, next Wed. will be the 20th.

However... if you want to get technical, 'the next' Wednesday on the calendar would be this week on the 13th. But that's not the generally used reference, and if you said that probably nobody'd know what the heck you were talking about.

So I think it depends on the frame of reference and the purpose, but generally next Wed. (meaning next week's Wednesday) would be the 20th.

And people seem to be losing track of what day it is anyway so who knows what day any Wed. is!

Happy Christmas... ooops lol

The next Wednesday to occur will be the day after tomorrow (today being Monday)

And it isn't generally referred to that way... You'd have to say something like 'the next Wednesday on the calendar will be ___' for people to know what you mean.

Or use the date, or a calendar, or just don't schedule anything! lol

When you add the article _the_, it's an entirely different thing than is saying, "next Wednesday." But then most of us probably understand that.

Yes this is a quarantine boredom question. Later we will debate Coke vs Pepsi.

"This coming Wednesday, " versus, "Next Wednesday." Two different expressions.

Yes this is a quarantine boredom question. Later we will debate Coke vs Pepsi.

You can`t beat a cold lip smacking Coke, so my vote is for coke :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back