What did I do wrong in this pic? :(

Was there a “creative filter” applied to the image? Did you shoot JPG or RAW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there a “creative filter” applied to the image? Did you shoot JPG or RAW?

Thanks for your response.
No filter at all and it was shot RAW.

"Photography Beginners' Forum
Don't be shy. Use one of the forums in the - Photo Galleries - Photos submitted by members for general display or critique - section of TPF if you want C&C improvement tips on some of the photos you have taken. . . ."

Was it that hazy, because while white balance won't give it a magenta color cast like that.
By the way - a Raw file has no white balance, so white balance can be easily changed in whatever Raw converter you use.

I am unsure what happened. I hope you can adjust it in post.

"Photography Beginners' Forum
Don't be shy. Use one of the forums in the - Photo Galleries - Photos submitted by members for general display or critique - section of TPF if you want C&C improvement tips on some of the photos you have taken. . . ."

Was it that hazy, because while white balance won't give it a magenta color cast like that.
By the way - a Raw file has no white balance, so white balance can be easily changed in whatever Raw converter you use.

It was a bit hazy, but I don't know what could have given it that colour. Look at this other pic:
http://oi64.tinypic.com/303fjo5.jpg
The saturation is insane :(

On the website your using to host copy the image-code on the left side (the one with at the start and finish) you should be able to paste that into your posts to have your photos show here.

The first one looks like the white balance is in error (this is assuming no filter effect or filter on the lens). If you shot RAW you should be able to repair the issue simply by adjusting the white balance sliders in editing. Auto might even get it close.

The second shot looks like its overexposed. What mode and settings were you using for these photos?

On the website your using to host copy the image-code on the left side (the one with at the start and finish) you should be able to paste that into your posts to have your photos show here.

The first one looks like the white balance is in error (this is assuming no filter effect or filter on the lens). If you shot RAW you should be able to repair the issue simply by adjusting the white balance sliders in editing. Auto might even get it close.

The second shot looks like its overexposed. What mode and settings were you using for these photos?

Thanks for your help. I'm actually downloading Photoshop/ Lightroom now so I'm going to try and amend the white balance.

I can't be totally sure what the settings were as I change them all the time - I'm very new to photography so I often have to take a photo and then depending on the quality of it, adjust the aperture/ shutter/ ISO and try again.

GUYS, I just opened the pics in Lightroom and they all appear fine! I had used a random online RAW to JPEG converter before which must have given them that bizarre colour balance... oh well, thanks all!

Most reactions

Back