What did you get for Christmas?

I got some odd, odd stuff. The weirdest gift I got was an apprx. 20 pound net weight generic, wholesale store kinda' white paper bag filled with some type of weird charcoal briquets, along with a similar generic "plain white" tin of some of the world's most VILE-tasting tequila. It came in a white tin, with a really cool red, snap-top lid that's hard to open, but which has a really nice, built-in pour spout that meters out the tequila in a nice, compact stream--a lot like a water bottle does! But I do swear on all that is holy, this is the most God-awful tequila I've ever,ever tasted in my LIFE!

Dump it and refill with something better, like rootbeer! ;)

Nothing yet because of the blizzard that prevented me from driving across the country to see my family. :( I spent Christmas day with a friend instead.

However, Mother Nature has given me some great weather and photo opportunities this past week. :)

Sorry about the weather, that really stinks.

Well, technically I bought it back in September, but since it took me until December to get all the bells and whistles* I wanted to get for it, I consider my Shen Hao HZX 45 IIA a Christmas present.

New%20Goodies%2007.jpg

* more lenses, film holders, filters, etc.

I got a D3300 + the 18mm-55mm Kit Lense that it comes with from Mum and Dad. Exciting times, finally get to have a dabble in photography!

Welcome to the forum! This is the place to be for learning photography! :)
I got a Canon T3i kit two years ago this Christmas, and I have loved every minute of shooting with it!

Well, technically I bought it back in September, but since it took me until December to get all the bells and whistles* I wanted to get for it, I consider my Shen Hao HZX 45 IIA a Christmas present.

* more lenses, film holders, filters, etc.

Wow, that thing looks great! IT is art in itself! :drool2:

I got some odd, odd stuff. The weirdest gift I got was an apprx. 20 pound net weight generic, wholesale store kinda' white paper bag filled with some type of weird charcoal briquets, along with a similar generic "plain white" tin of some of the world's most VILE-tasting tequila. It came in a white tin, with a really cool red, snap-top lid that's hard to open, but which has a really nice, built-in pour spout that meters out the tequila in a nice, compact stream--a lot like a water bottle does! But I do swear on all that is holy, this is the most God-awful tequila I've ever,ever tasted in my LIFE!

I'm kinda wondering, Derrel, if that "tequila" is actually the fire starter you're supposed to pour on the briquettes? But kudos to you for trying a swig. You're a braver man than I.

Not sure if you're serious or joking...of course it's tequila...foul odor? check! tastes like crap? check! makes you feel very woozy after a shot? check!:1398:

Highlights are a razer mechanical gaming keyboard, some star wars ice cube trays (including the death star and Solo in carbonite which are brilliant). And me and my dad are going on another a week long photography workshop with Colin Prior in Glen Coe in February for a sunrise and sunset special in some of Scotland's most iconic scenery. Awesome Chritsmas!

They weren't gifts and I've had them for a while, but I have a Death Star ice cube tray - makes only one cube at a time, but it's round and big enough to fill a rocks glass :) I also have the Han Solo in carbonite chocolate trays (this was just my first batch - they usually come out better than this.) Such geeky pleasures :D

Day 22 - Han Solo chocolate 2
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Yeah mate, I now have the same ones too. I'll need to have a go at making chocolates with them then, they look awesome!

Most reactions

Back