What do I need to..

Dimage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Make the sun not so blurry? I love takin pics of Sunsets here, but it kinda ruins the effect when its just a big blob..ya know? BTW itsadigi

The sun is a tough one...it's obviously much, much brighter than what ever else that would be in the landscape. If you set the exposure to see the landscape & sky, the sun will probably be overexposed and look like a big blob. If you dial down the exposure...you will loose the detail in the rest of the shot.

If you are shooting through a haze or mist, it might be easier to get a nice round circle. But always beware of looking directly at the sun.

What I often like to do for sunsets is this, take a meter reading off of the sky near the sun, without the sun in the frame. Does your camera lock the exposure if the button is half-way depressed? That's all you need...just hold the button down halfway while pointing at an area of sky near the sun, but not with the sun in the view...then if the exposure is locked, recompose the scene and shoot the pic. It might not prevent the sun from being over exposed but it gives a good base point to shoot the sunset.

Most reactions

Back