What do most pros shoot?

Actor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To read posts here a TPF it would seem most pros just shoot weddings. Maybe a few do senior portraits. Does any pro here a TPF do anything else?

Any photojournalists? Any war photographers?

Any boudoir photographers?

Anyone work for Playboy or National Geographic?

Does anyone photograph dead bodies for the police?

I don't know what the other pros shoot, but I know Ken Rockwell shoots a D40.

I shoot a T1i and I'm a combat photographer for the Space Shuttle Atlantis. I would show you some of my pictures, but they're highly classified.

:D

The few pros I have met (minus wedding photogs) rarely spend time talking about it on forums. The national geographic photographer I purchased my 1d mark II from didn't even have photographs on his walls (he had paintings).

Wonder if it is a way to separate work and personal lives... and its true that a hobby stops being hobby once you make a profession out of it.

fyi.. I believe OP meant subject matter not equipment...

Good point. Another example of me reading what I want to be there vs. what's actually there. :)

:er: Right. Sometimes it's not until after you post that you realize your words can have multiple interpretations.

:er: Right. Sometimes it's not until after you post that you realize your words can have multiple interpretations.

And some people intentionally interpreted it the wrong way! lol.

And yeah, it does seem most pros shoot wedding, I mean, that's the one that have the most opportunities. Oh and X-Ray, does that count? :).

Well, okay, I'm a photojournalist/photo editor for a newspaper. Been doing that since 1978. Although I don't post much, I do check out the forums daily.

As for putting up photos, I'm not at liberty to post photos I shoot for the newspaper on other websites.

Jerry

I don't know what the other pros shoot, but I know Ken Rockwell shoots a D40.

I shoot a T1i and I'm a combat photographer for the Space Shuttle Atlantis. I would show you some of my pictures, but they're highly classified.

:D

1. Who is Ken Rockwell?
  2. I did not know they launched shuttles from Indiana. :lmao:

BAHA! Indeed.
Ahem. Use a Rebel, move to California and start shooting weddings starting at $20,000 for album with 1 print. For a full 40 pages, please consult for a quote that should start at about the price of a 1200mm. :greenpbl:

1. Who is Ken Rockwell?
  2. I did not know they launched shuttles from Indiana. :lmao:
If you don't know who Ken Rockwell is, well... I can't believe anyone on the internet who is into photography hasn't heard of the master. :D

I live in Indiana but I go to work using a classified transportation system. They only launch the shuttle I'm assigned to a couple of times a year. We had a mission back in May (serviced the Hubble), and we have a new mission in November (heading to the ISS). That's it for this year. I don't have any scheduled missions yet for 2010. :D

I have done few weddings and avoid them. Other than that I have done advertising, public relations, celebrities, journalism, legal work at death scenes, aerial photography, public events, productions, sports, educational materials, some formal portraits, and scenics.

I have also produced, directed and shot, television(station related) and video (corporate or organizational related.)

skieur

Most reactions

Back