what do u think about red backdrops?

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im thinkin of possibilites and some variety .. im browsing ebay and came across some red backdrops ... the pic looked sorta cool, but im thinking of color conflicts that i may have between the subject and the background ... have u used a red backdrop? got any photos with red backdrop? ... whats ur personal opinion about using this color as a background?

here's the sample i saw on ebay

red.jpg

I never had a studio setup, but if I did I think I would look for backgrounds in a more neutral or medium shade. One bright color(any color) would not be approiate for all your subjects. Something more neutral would allow more flexibility. Just my personal thoughts. Don

i would be looking to use it for people

i dont know why, but it seems very lavish when used with people... just my opinion though...and you know what they say about opinions.

md

i actually like that red backdrop :D ... im gonna give it a try .. see how it comes out, but dont laugh :lol:

I think that the more tools you have the better. I plan on, over the next year or so, to buy everything I will need for my home studio. If you have a white and a black one already then go for it!!! :lol: :lol:

thats why im looking for alternatives .. i've abused the black one :lol: .. im in this "white" one phase ... now i need some adventure :D ... i've actually tested 2 pics i already had against a red background (self produced) and it wasnt too shabby at all ... one of my concerns was color conflict with the "subject" and the background, i'm not that advanced yet ... :lol: ... but im working on it :eek:

voodoo? ... cheesy ones? ... like the multi-colored?

actually, i had my eye on this one (stalking it) :oops: ... my hubby thinks red is bs anyway .. but i think i see possibilities ... its like $30 ... i think i could get a few uses out of it ...

i plan on shooting a lot of people over the next few months and i want to be more versatile ... of course i got my outdoor stuff ... but for what i need to do, i also need to perfect my indoor "studio" stuff ... this "make-shift" studio we have is gonna be like penn station :lol:

:shock: ... its cool, i prefer solid colors though ... i think its too distracting (as if the red isnt :lol: ) ... i want to experiment a little or die trying :roll:

*now i gotta convince the hubby i really, really want it* :p ... he'll see this in the morning ... hi honex :D (this thing we do, i know its mis-spelled) *smug*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back