What do ya'll suggest for a white backdrop?

nope, dont think it was in that video, anyone know what im talking about? :)

I use a Lastolite Hilight as well. Works fine and I can throw different backgrounds up on it or use it as a giant softbox when needed. One thing that I have seen and plan on doing when I have more space is building a faux cyc wall out of vinyl flooring. I've seen several people do it and it looks good. Simply buy some cheap vinyl flooring, paint the smooth side white and hang one end from the ceiling. Usually clamping the flooring between two 2x4s that are bolted together and then hanging said beam from the ceiling.

..They gave some great advice, instead of using a sheet on the ground, they use two pieces of hard plastic and have the frotn one over lap the back one so you dont really see the drop off in the picture. I think they said they just got siding for a shower at lowes/home depot, but I am not 100% sure. I would really like to know. Then you put the background over the back of the last sheet so its "seamless". I think they talked about using an inflateable background that you can put a flash inside to light it up inside out.

Does anyone have any idea what im talking about? I am going to the city today so Ill stop by lowes if I have time. I just dont want to waste time walking around not knowing what to actually look for.

I just did some gymnastics portraits and I had to fix the sheet on the ground every third picture it seemed. wasnt to bad, but its also wrinkled in the pictures.
Yes, you buy 4'x8' sheets of tile board and use it with the (white) back side up. You pull the seamless paper out onto the floorand put the sheets on top of it as you described.

As far as the inflateable background? :confused:.

Another option, depending on what equipment you have and your intended use, is to use a large enough softbox behind the subject. I recently tried this for some beauty shots and liked the result (not up on my personal site yet, but hopefully I'll have time to get them up soon).

Other than that I've used seamless (white or grey) with good results.

Yes, you buy 4'x8' sheets of tile board and use it with the (white) back side up. You pull the seamless paper out onto the floorand put the sheets on top of it as you described.

As far as the inflateable background? :confused:.

thanks, I actually forgot to go to lowes, I knew there was a reason I wanted to go there, thought of it before I went to sams, but then forgot on the way out. short term memory here. : )

As for the inflatable background....

Love hte Lastolite bg, not a big fan of the price.

Lastolite HiLite Chromakey Background - 7 x 8' LL LB8878 - B&H

$650 :)

Itll have to be one of those things that stays on my list of things to get for a while. :D

then again I could probably make something liek that for myself. wont be portable but itll be good for the studio. I wonder what kind of fabric would be best, any advice?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back