What do you believe.....

photo gal said:
You don't scare me one bit Chilley!:hugs:

Have you ever met him. Chiller is really scary.

...until he talks. Then you're like "what a big softy".

But serious, he's like 6'3" atleast, with rocker long blonde hair. And stern looking features. If it wasn't for the soft spoken great natured conversation, you'd think he was pretty scary.

:mrgreen: ;)

I always thought my purpose, considering the awesome family/raising that I had, was to be a wife and a mom ... I am both, but don't do either very well ... but my child still says I'm the best thing that ever happened to me, God love him. (course, that could be it's because when he's saying it, I'm shoving the plate of gruel under the door for him ...)

But seriously ... the older I get, the more I realize that I simply want to be where I belong. I'm still floundering on that, but I'll make it. I believe in God's will for my life ... I just argue with Him about his timetable! Perhaps that's why I'm still floundering. Too much of a control freak.

I like to think that all forms of existence (living & otherwise) are a direct expression of a process. Call it "God", "Ala", "Brahman", or whatever if you want to, but I don't like to give it a name, because it continues with or without a name we give it. Everything that exists has a direct effect on it's surroundings to one degree or another, so even a dead celestial body (like the moon), though it has no real function as life-supporting system, does have an effect on it's surroundings. For example, it still has a gravitational pull, thus attracting cosmic "trash" from space to it's surface, and even affecting the tides here on earth. I agree with ShutteredEye that the "purpose" of being here (although I know the question is "what is your life's purpose") is to simply BE here, and that's why I include non-living things as well as living things to this. If something wasn't meant to be, it wouldn't. We are living out and experiencing the process of constant physical transformation in linear time from one second to the next. Everything is always changing, and nothing is permanent. Very Buddhist, I know, but that's what makes the most sense to me.

Everything we do has a chain reaction elsewhere in the world, even something as simple as, say, visiting an ATM. Assume you stand at an ATM for a 2 minute transaction. If someone is waiting for you to move on, then the simple fact that you are there using up time has a direct effect on the flow of the person's day. That 2 minutes could just be enough for that person to avoid or to be involved in a car accident later on, for example.

ShutteredEye said:
My purpose in life is to exist, to be.

And while I'm here, I'm gonna do the best damn job of existing that I can. :)

IMO this sums it up for me. We live to experience life as we know it, to know the joys and challenges of life, to experience emotion, to know of love and hate. Your purpose is to live in this reality and enjoy the experience.

You create your reality.

(just wanted to add that i think it's awesome that we are able to discuss this like mature adults without getting into belief wars. Everyone believes in something, it's their choice.)

JOAT said:
(just wanted to add that i think it's awesome that we are able to discuss this like mature adults without getting into belief wars. Everyone believes in something, it's their choice.)

Agreed. In fact, I have a bumper sticker that says "Thou Shalt Keep Thy Religion To Thyself". If only people had kept this in their common everyday rules, most of the problems of this world would never have seen light.

Most reactions

Back