what do you think is should do?

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

I'm leaving my job and will no longer receive discounts and accommodations which iss going to suck, but hey ... I'm on to bigger and better things. For the last 3 years I've been keeping a canon xt in the stock room so when the time comes I could buy it. That time has arrived but with the decline of pricing on dslr's has come down I'm wondering if its still a good deal. The canon xt comes with the 28-90mm and is only 320 with tax. Great deal and ideal price point for a backup to my 5d. Should I hop on it to stop the wear and tear on the 5d for non work related photoghraphy or do you think the newer xs is much better for the extra 200. I think I'm going to buy this! Let me know what you think!

How many "clicks" is your 5DmkII has so far?

A couple thousand ... The most, not even 5k. I'm just worried about breaking it or taking it out and losing it because I can affford to fix or replace it. Besides, if your offring your services as a photographer you need a backup right?

Do not worry about it so much. Just use your camera and enjoy it. And that is what that camera means. It is for you to enjoy. Not sit at home and collect dust. By the time you really need a backup camera, the XT will only cost you $150.

So you have your camera for a year and it only have couple thousand clicks. And your camera may last for 100K. For that rate, your camera MAY last more than 20 years. Don't worry about it .. Just click click and click ...

Even if it breaks, it may not cost you $320 to fix, you know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back