What do you think of my photo's?

I agree with most of the already posted comments for the first 4.

In regard to the second 4;

1 seems underexposed and poorly framed. The wall on the right dominates.
agreed, I havent properly framed any pictures yet

2 again seems poorly framed, the DOF also makes the person in front of the two girls very much part of the image. It's also worth noting that taking pictures of young girls in swimsuits may be frowned upon by some members of the public, no matter how innocent the intent or artistic the result.
I see your point and have taken it down. my girlfriend actually took that pic. she loves it. but I see where you are coming from.

3 Could be kind of cool, at least you're drawn in to the image by the shapes, but apart from that it's pretty boring and rather flat.
ok, I just like it because not many areas of the country, or world have the "L" tracks. might be cool to see for some.

The lens distortion does nothing for the image, in fact it seriously detracts from the result. It's not very crisp, but perhaps that's just the .compression?
yes, I would l also agree. I plan on taking that pic again with my new lens. but I will have to wait a few months till summer time.

thanks for your input

Unless an individual had a particular need for one of the particular views, I do not see that any of the images is striking enough to be marketable. #4 is nice but kind of cliche. Still someone might have a yen for that angle. The image of the two girls in the bathing suits disturbs me a little as there seems to be no reason for shooting it and/or including it. (Of course, my primary job is school teacher and people fear that all teachers are pedophiles. Thus, I flinch when I see this type of image.)
I have taken the pic down. I see where your coming from.

I believe you are off to a good start, but I also believe that people prefer more striking images. Keep at it.

Rusty Tripod
thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I have a ways to go, but I'm learning

ChicagoPhotoShop70.jpg

I do not, I repeat, do not consider myself a professional photographer. but I do intend on selling my photos online. I would love if you can give me some constructive criticism or *gasp* tell me you love em :)

keep in mind, I have not done any touch up work on these photos. but I definitely plan to.

Man I don't understand you.

You want to sell pictures and in the same time you tell us you didn't make any work on it....

You tell us you are beguinner but in same time say you don't consider you as a professionnal :er:

Really I am lost, and don't see any picture that I would like too buy.
Sorry , I hope my direct comment are not too rude but I am quite amazed by your introduction

Mat

Man I don't understand you.

You want to sell pictures and in the same time you tell us you didn't make any work on it....
not yet, no. I said I plan to. I will do some editing work to my photos before I put them on my wesite for sale.

You tell us you are beguinner but in same time say you don't consider you as a professionnal :er:
yes exactly. why is this so hard to understand?

Really I am lost, and don't see any picture that I would like too buy.
Sorry , I hope my direct comment are not too rude but I am quite amazed by your introduction

Mat
ok no problem. I wish I could help you understand so you wont be so confused. let me try, ready.

1. I enjoy taking pictures as a hobby.

2. I am creating a website for people to see my pictures. most of my shots are in and around Chicago. In my humble opinion, some of my photos might be worthy of being purchased and hanging on the wall in someone home, office, dorm room, whatever. My pictures will mostly likely not end up in magazines, museums, text books. thats ok, I have a day job.

3. On my website, I am giving the opportunity for others to sell their work. I am under the crazy belief that there are many "amateur" photographers and artist who...
a) have some insanely good talent
b) do not know how or care to start their own website.

If all else fails, I have a website where people can go and browse some pictures.

I hope you are less confused

I see your point, but I can't agree because for me what make value of pictures ( mine, yours and anyone included) has nothing to see with money.

That's why for me selling my pictures is not my target, but let me know i f you succed in selling some of them.

Mat

I see your point, but I can't agree because for me what make value of pictures ( mine, yours and anyone included) has nothing to see with money.
I can appreciate that. but I think people who do this for a living would disagree. professional photographers depend on sales in order to live.

but beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. for me, I would rather pay for a photo of the Chicago skyline then a picture of a garbage can, perfectly centered and cropped with amazing light and exposure etc etc. but thats just me.

I That's why for me selling my pictures is not my target, but let me know i f you succed in selling some of them.

Mat
well for many people in the photography business, I would say selling their work is important. for you, not so much and thats great. you are more then welcome to come to my site any time and just look, you dont have to buy anything. isnt that cool? site should be up in 2-4 weeks after I finish putting my portfolio together.

I want to chime in.........

GO BEARS!!!!!!:cheer:

Good luck with your pictures from the point of another person just starting out I think you posted some nice shots.

I live in the South Suburbs and hope to get downtown soon and grab some shots.

One thing I can say about all of your photos is that the composition is very weak for the most part. They look like snapshots. A good photo is supposed to give someone a perspective they wouldn't or couldn't see.

On top of that, why would you ask for opinions on "unfinished" photos?

One suggestion: you might begin to consider starting a new thread instead of adding photos to this one. Plus it is possible, allowed and even encouraged on here to post more than one photo in one post. Actually you can put as many as you like into one post, but make sure you put spaces between the links and (as soon as you post more than 3 pics in the same post) number your photos. Makes commenting so much easier.

But keep in mind that threads which are very picture-heavy (like my own tend to be :roll: ) take a lot of loading time for those viewers who are still on modem... Same applies to a thread with too many photos.

And it might well be that those who have looked into your thread once (when there only was the very first set of photos to be seen) will not look again. They don't know you have added so many more photos.

OK, but I have come again (and again) and find that out of the very last lot there are two that I like.
The aerial view holds an interest of its own that aerial views all do, but you really should work on them a bit to bring out the colours and contrasts and all!
And the close-up on the buildings with the moon in the sky is nice. I like that one. But that one, too, could "live" a bit more! Just a bit.

Ah, and one question that springs to mind ANY TIME I see your title: What do we "think of your photo's" what??? And of which "photo's" what? (Plurals don't have an apostrophe, only genitives have - sorry ... I have thought this ever so many times now, it needed to be said just this once ;) But if you plan on setting up a website to sell your photos, do make sure there are no grammar or spelling errors in your writing...).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back