What's new

what do you think of my pics

Ashley2982

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
163
Reaction score
7
Location
Greenville Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$13.webp$0000.webp$12.webp$525161_484443944921096_856111937_n.webp$541332_482610745104416_1173008680_n.webp$aaaa.webp$fall.webp$hee hee.webp$kids.webp$kenzie.webp
 
Last edited:
I think they are a great start! You need to level things out and find a consistent white balance.
On the third one your subject should be at least a couple of feet from your backdrop. You seriously need some light into her face here.
 
thanks what do you mean by white balance???????i want to learn
 
^^^^what MLEEK said, although I like the angle of the very 1st one =)
 
White balance. Essentially the colour-cast imparted to the image by the difference in temperature of the light hitting the camera's sensor compared to that which the sensor expects.
 
I also think that I can do a better job at it once I get my carmera.........the pics that you see i took with my iphone
 
ok thanks so when i get an actual camera i will be able to have that option on it????
 
Ashley2982 said:
ok thanks so when i get an actual camera i will be able to have that option on it????

Yes. It's basically do your whites look white and your colors look "natural", more realistic.

Or not.

It depends on your artistic intent.
 
For cell phone pictures these are not too bad. One thing you can do that you don't need to wait for a new camera is to find something to reflect light back into your subjects face to eliminate the shadows. A piece of white poster board will do, a long time ago I used to use one of the reflector boards that you put up on the dash of a car to cut the sun from damaging the interiror... some of those have shiny surfaces that work great for reflecting light and the way they fold makes them easy to use and self stanging depending on the set up. Get creative for reflecting light until you move up in equipment.
 
thanks for the info.....i will sure try it.......im really wanting to get into photography
 
For a cell phone they look great ...that is why no white balance. I never liked images of people on a slant.....they would look better straight up IMHO
 
The baby in the leaves and the 2nd to last one of the whole family are the best. The rest have too harsh shadows and are too close to the backdrop, as has already been said
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom