What do you think of this crop?

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for some feedback on the composition of this crop, I wanted to keep the moonlight relfecting off the water in the shot. Feel free to crop the original to any way you feel may work better.
Crop:
HancockMoonlight.jpg

Original:
DSC_5528.jpg

Oh dear, this is not easy.
So you want to keep the moon and its reflection ... which I understand.
But which brings the horizon into the very centre. Not impossible with reflection shots, but something leaves you unhappy, all the same, with your original?
I wonder why.
Somehow I like the original even better than your crop.
Does it NEED to be cropped?

I understand why you might want to keep the moon, but I think it would be cool if you cropped down to the top of the buildings and left out the moon and onyl left the reflection. It would have been a lot easier if you had tilted your camera at an angle upwards which i know doesn't look feasible.

The only reason I say take out the moon is because the moon looks very blurred with the long exposure you set. I think it takes away from the picture to be honest.

oh my... I love those photos! they are awesome!

again, why crop?
the original is much better...the crop has a poor aspect ratio

Eh, the crop is hard because it makes it look incomplete. I think what happened was the original is framed with 3rd's where the moon is, which makes it alot nicer. But when you crop it the way you did you completely loose any kind of 3rd's which is what you want to keep.

Either the original or the cropped version above which shades it for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back