What do you think of

birdman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi people
What do you think of the nikon fg 35mm ?

Is it any good

Thank you

Any camera that can utilize Nikkor lenses is more than good. ;)

The FG is not as rugged as some other Nikon models but, if
in good condition, it is a fine, feature-filled 35mm manual focus
SLR. I wouldn't hesitate to choose an FG in good condition and
at a good price.

The FG was Nikon's entry level Program SLR when it was released. It has three exposure modes: program, aperture priority AE and metered manual. A very capable camera, it also has TTL flash capability with dedicated units, and can be adapted to the MD-14 or MD-E motor drive, if you've a mind to. Years ago I had the opportunity to play around with one for a few weeks, and I was impressed by two things: its shutter speeds were very accurate, and it was very easy to use in its metered manual mode.

The FG is not a robust tank of a camera like the Fs or the Nikkormats, so often goes overlooked when people consider a Nikon. But it is still a very capable shooter, and I would not hesitate to recommend it, providing it is in good working order. One caveat to keep in mind, though -- only AI, AIs, and perhaps some later AF lenses can be used with the FG. The early, non-AI lenses, cannot be mounted because of the risk of damaging the metering tab.

The FG was Nikon's entry level Program SLR when it was released. It has three exposure modes: program, aperture priority AE and metered manual. A very capable camera, it also has TTL flash capability with dedicated units, and can be adapted to the MD-14 or MD-E motor drive, if you've a mind to. Years ago I had the opportunity to play around with one for a few weeks, and I was impressed by two things: its shutter speeds were very accurate, and it was very easy to use in its metered manual mode.

The FG is not a robust tank of a camera like the Fs or the Nikkormats, so often goes overlooked when people consider a Nikon. But it is still a very capable shooter, and I would not hesitate to recommend it, providing it is in good working order. One caveat to keep in mind, though -- only AI, AIs, and perhaps some later AF lenses can be used with the FG. The early, non-AI lenses, cannot be mounted because of the risk of damaging the metering tab.

You're right about the build not being as robust, but that also makes ti very light and portable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back