What do you think?

Thorniest Whisper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The best part about having your feedback is that when i go out to shoot again, i have some fresh ideas and a different perspective. :wink:

Would you crop it more closely? :? (I know I know I know...it's over exposed) :cry:

Thanks, all of you have been a great source of help.

i almost like the higth contrast. it gives it an artsy feel to it.

i would not have cropped any closer.

great work thorn!

md

nice one mate!
I don't anyone could have cropped it better and the contrast looks fab. It has a certain feel to it which i really dig. excellent shot!

The contrast and cropping are appropiate. I question her hair style.

I don't question her hair style, she does have really curly hair - I think i might have tried this shot w/o the pine tree in the background and see if having a plainer back will highlight the hair a bit more.

But I do like the way the tree looks in the photo. I think it adds to the compostion nicely. Hopefully you have more like this to share!

I think this picture has too much contrast. The wall on the left is blown out and lacks any detail, as well as the sky. As far as cropping I think that a litle more above her head would have been good, it looks like its cut off. Out of pure curiosity, when it came time to take this picture what did you meter off of?

i'd say either decrease the contrsast so that everything isn't blown out or crop it closer so you can't realy tell that it is

Thanks again guys. I have cropped it several ways. I have played around a little with it on photo shop but I am very unlearned at that program and I always come back to the original. I didn't meter it, she was just waiting on me to load film and I fired one off. Would have helped if I had metered I am sure.

Definite over exposed contrary to previous opinions. Anyways...

I would have framed the shot to begin just below the handrail and stop just above the head to add some mystery to the picture. Focusing on her intent look to the side.

I have attached a crop to this effect, but framing the shot would have been much better.

3396554323232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3A68%3D534%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3A789445ot1lsi

Thanks Bo. I see how that is effective. Any tips on adjusting the contrast in photo shop? I am not too skilled at that program.

Found you, Thorni! So YOU are the one that took those wonderful pictures of Beth! I haven't seen this one. Very nice. Do you mind if I copy this and play around with it a little? I'd like to try adjusting the contrast.

you could also do a super-close crop, shoulder up profile. her expression is really cool, as is her hair. if you went further and did a sepia tone, you'd have quite an antique look, which with her strong features would make a striking image.

btw- are you using pscs (ps8), ps7, or elements? i can explain how to adjust contrast for either, just let me know which one you are using....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back