What DSLR to get? Canon, Nikon or Sony

Look at the D80. Biggest reason is it has the AF motor. I have the D40 (for sale by the way...$350) and just went to the D200:) I just dont think the D40x or D60 are worth it as they are more the the D40 and still dont have the AF motor.

I say shop for the variety of lenses that you like -- then find a used body to go with it. You can upgrade the body later without replacing all of your glass.

-- A satisfied Canon owner

I bought the Sony A200 and have liked it very much so far. And yes you can find a huge selection of MInolta lenses used for very little money that will fit this camera nicely.

Why would a celebrity have any bearing on which camera system we should buy? :confused:

I was married to Canon way before I even had a DSLR. My first camera body was a Canon EOS 1 given to me by mu aunt, and I got so used to how it performs. Plus, I had all kinds of lenses to go with it - namely the 100mm 2.8 macro, 10-22L (long since sold, I regret it to this day), my current 70-200 F4L, among other things.

You're used to the Minolta, so getting a Sony might make sense for you. You already have Minolta lenses, so they'll be right at home on the Sony. Only thing I don't like about the sony is the built in image stabilization on the camera body.

OR - you could sell all your Minolta equipment, and purchase a Nikon or a Canon. I personally feel that Canon has a better sensor, and better glass, while Nikon has a better "automated flash" system with their SB-XXX speedlights. I think it all boils down to what you really want to do with your camera.

Most reactions

Back