What editing program should I be using?

the fact that if you're a perfectionist you'll end up on Photoshop. If you use Lightroom and think you're a perfectionist, sorry, you're not.

Lightroom and Photoshop are 2 different software and they works together and one cannot replace the other. And that's why you can launch PS from within LR. There are stuff you need to do it in Lightroom. Most of the POST I did I only do it in LR. And once in a long while I may need to fire up PS when I really need to *EDIT* the photo.

My point is that Photoshop can do everything Lightroom does. Lightroom can't do everything Photoshop does. So photoshop is more powerful. Why use both if you can do it all in Photoshop in my opinion.

the fact that if you're a perfectionist you'll end up on Photoshop. If you use Lightroom and think you're a perfectionist, sorry, you're not.

Lightroom and Photoshop are 2 different software and they works together and one cannot replace the other. And that's why you can launch PS from within LR. There are stuff you need to do it in Lightroom. Most of the POST I did I only do it in LR. And once in a long while I may need to fire up PS when I really need to *EDIT* the photo.

My point is that Photoshop can do everything Lightroom does.

This is incorrect. LR (and similar parametric editors) can achieve a 100% non-destructive and non-linearly re-editable workflow (with massively increased efficiency) which PS can not do. There will always be situations in which a raster image editor is needed but if it can be avoided (usually can) there are substantial benefits.

Joe

Lightroom can't do everything Photoshop does. So photoshop is more powerful. Why use both if you can do it all in Photoshop in my opinion.

I was asked this question before by a newbi I would suggest photoshop or lightroom the photoshop elements is good
What ever you choose please please read up on what format to save in tiff, jpg, and so on I will not go into detail here but it’s worth learning about have fun and enjoy
Rem to save as you work so that you can go back to a good image if something you try ends up a mess

Most reactions

Back