what else i need to get stared???

Ya i asked about them, so those wasabi are as good as OEM? some one mentioned a memory issue when using non OEM batteries something like that,...
Have you read your manual with regard to using 3rd party batteries? Chances are they (Nikon) will not cover any warranty issues related to electrical faults if using anything other than OEM. But what are the chances anything will fail on a brand new camera? I refer back to the video clip I posted earlier.

BTW, I have a couple of Wasabi batteries for my MFT gear and they seem to be fine. My Nikon gear gets OEM.

The advise on this thread is great! I would like to add that since you are a beginner you need to take a course at least on basic photography, this will help you immensely. Taking such a course will reduce the learning curve and help you get a greater understanding of photography and not to be misguided. There are so many out there, but choose a good one..NYIP etc, etc

Good Luck, and happy shooting!

So now that i have 2 SD cards 32 GB, how should i shot? RAW on 1 and JPEG on the other one? or use it as a backup? or just overflow of RAW???

So now that i have 2 SD cards 32 GB, how should i shot? RAW on 1 and JPEG on the other one? or use it as a backup? or just overflow of RAW???

Personally I'd shoot backup and only in raw. If you're shooting over 1000 shots without dumping them on your hard drive, then you're really risking losing a batch of 1000 shots or so at some point in time.

Ya i asked about them, so those wasabi are as good as OEM?
I'm working quite a bit with Nikons WU-1a wireless adapter. With heavy use the wifi adapter can drain a battery in minutes... The Wasabi's are lasting longer then my OEM's.

some one mentioned a memory issue when using non OEM batteries something like that,...
BATTERIES 101
'Memory affect' is only seen in NiCd and NiMH batteries. Most modern batteries (cameras, cell phones...etc) are lithium-ion (Li-ion) or Lithium Polymer (Li-Poly). Li-ion/Li-poly batteries don't suffer from any type of Memory affect.

Nikon EN-EL15 (and Wasabi) are Li-ion = No memory affect.

I'd maybe read Kelby's "Digital Photography Volume #1" book... but spending $200 for a year's worth of video? no.

I'd maybe read Kelby's "Digital Photography Volume #1" book... but spending $200 for a year's worth of video? no.

i was thinking more $25 a month for one month.. not sure how much is there to learn..

Let me suggest a 50 or 35mm prime for a different reason - while the general sharpness and low light ability of the primes are excellent relative to the kit lens, that kit lens covers a wide focal range, and beginning photographers have a tendency to stand there, point the camera at their subject, and zoom in/out until the framing is roughly correct. A prime will force you think much more about composition and positioning, as you'll lose the ability to just "point and shoot", and this is a good thing.

It's certainly not essential, but I've found I shoot portrait style much more since I bought a Vello grip, which has worked very well for me. It's roughly the same cost as a new battery, and it will allow you to use AA batteries so it's essentially a backup battery as well.

Which one should i get for family pictures? the 35mm 1.8 or the 50mm 1.8?

Last edited:
Which one should i get for family pictures? the 35mm 1.8 or the 50mm 1.8?

Personal opinion- I used my 35mm a lot more than the 50mm around my kids and family, especially indoors

Most reactions

New Topics

Back