What gear should I go for?

What gear should I go for?

• Canon 70D with 18-55mm kit lens.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Canon 750D with 18-55mm kit lens + another lens (10-18mm or perhaps a prime)

• Canon 1200D with 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lens + 10-18mm + 35mm/40mm/50mm prime lens.

• Total voters
Well thanks everyone for the suggestions, I think I'll go for the Sony A6000. It's cheaper than the 70D, and in performance quite equal to it. So I can get an extra lens.

I have a question though, in a video I saw a guy use the canon 50mm lens on the A6000 without an adapter. The autofocus won't work but it's alright. So I just wanna confirm if that is true, cos I can get many lenses then.
FYI the a6000 is not being produced anymore and while it is still available in stores it is now being replaced by the Sony a6300
The a6300 being a new model will be more expensive but it will have few advanatges over the a6000
Worth considering getting it.

No, there's an adapter already on it. If you read the comments, when people ask about recommendations for other lenses he replies "...with appropriate adapters" and when someone asks about attaching without adapters he responds that the only lenses in the video shown without adapters are the Rokinon and Sigmas that make 3rd party lenses. But like I said, adapters don't have to be expensive if you don't need autofocus.

Have you heard for sure that they're stopping production on the a6000? It's at such a different price point and selling so well lately I've been hearing that they're going to continue selling both. But you might have a more reliable source.

750d is what I would get around the budget.

that would work but if the OP doesn't shoot sports or action the mirrorless cameras could be a better option

that would work but if the OP doesn't shoot sports or action the mirrorless cameras could be a better option
Only if the OP is willing to either accept the reduced image quality of small MFT sensors, the hefty though appropiate(*) prices of Fuji X lenses, or the poor lens selection and lens quality of the Sony E system.

(*) Because they're excellent and worth that much.

I thought I'd get some canon lenses with the Sony mirrorless. Not the best but good enough and easily available.

Availability is another issue here, the Sony A6300 is still not available here.

I don't think that's a location problem...the a6300 hasn't been released anywhere yet (except to a few reviewers) and I think it's already backordered. So it will likely be a little while. I wasn't sure how well it would do at that price, but Amazon says it's the #1 seller in mirrorless just based on preorders. Looks like people are pretty psyched about it.

Which kind of amazed me, considering that its not much of an upgrade in the first place and the lens selection is poor in both quality and quantity. :confused::eek:o_O

Which kind of amazed me, considering that its not much of an upgrade in the first place and the lens selection is poor in both quality and quantity. :confused::eek:o_O
According to the review I saw it is indeed not a big upgrade but it really have matured to be now a very well rounded product with very little faults.
The AF on the a6000 was good, the a6300 has now reached such a level where it is pretty much same as DSLR.
Lens selection is improving too now with Sony's new 24-70mm 2.8 and 70-200mm 2.8 (insanely expensive) but it is still far from what the big 2 offering.
Sony is making big steps and again and again it seems like Canon and Nikon act like it doesn't exist.
I just bought flash triggers (Pocket Wizard) from a pro photographer in my area who used Nikon for the longest time and now he too is moving to Sony and sells all his Nikon stuff.
I am very disappointed and worried about their attitude and feel like they are two old giants so cought up in fighting each other that they don't see the dangers out there and soon will find themselves out of the game too old, too slow to be able to make a change.

Seriously Canon/Nikon WAKE UP!!!

P.S-sorry I really am venting in the wrong place :(

Most reactions

Back