What happened?

JaeMarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all :) .

I hope I'm in the right part of the forum to ask this, if not, please boot me there.

I'm posting this pic with permission of the original poster from another forum (I'm posting this for her as I've lurked here in the past, though I just recently registered.) Her daughter took this pic with her cell phone, in the dark. In the background you can see the curtains in her room, which are apparently "black out" curtains to block all light. She didn't see anything at the time she took the picture.

35375_1315888989858_1609714934_7245.jpg

The cell phone does have a flash on it, and we understand that cell's sure aren't known for their quality images. We've seen pictures with dust spots reflected in the flash before, but never this size. Could someone give us any ideas on what happened or what this is?

Thanks in advance :) .

Hard to say, assuming there is little to no light in there the camera might start guessing at what it's seeing, the flash probably fired, hit the wall and gave that circle effect.

Let me ask you this, if you were to find out what happened what would you do with that information? Were we supposed to see something? Also, is there a higher resolution version?

This is clearly either an extraterrestrial sighting or an act of god.

Looks to me like it was taken through the glass window and the curtains reflected...And of course poor quality of cell phone camera and a slight hand shake.

LOL - thanks folks.

Let me ask you this, if you were to find out what happened what would you do with that information? Were we supposed to see something? Also, is there a higher resolution version?

What to do with the info? Pass it on back to the person I got it from. So far nobody knows exactly WHAT it is, so I thought a photo forum would be a good place to check since you guys probably see WAY more photo anomalies than the average person. And while I wish there was something better, this is the only resolution we have.

This is clearly either an extraterrestrial sighting or an act of god.

:lol:

Ok, funny thing. I originally came across this image on the TAPS website (the guys from the TV show Ghost Hunters.) Now, people there along with the person this image came from *ARE NOT* jumping to any conclusions or want to call this a ghost or entity of any type, but they ARE curious what would cause such a thing. Some are even trying to recreate it to see what might have that effect.

Sadly, there are those out there who would get excited and immediately call this paranormal. Instead, we'd rather be able to tell them "no it's not, because it's actually [insert rational explanation here.]" I was just hoping someone here had seen something like this before.

I just think it turned out kinda cool, whatever it is lol.

Looks like a spirit orb... wonder if its benevolent?

She's lying, why would you take a picture in a pure dark room with a camera of your black out shades. The light is behind the curtains (or at least behind the smoke) since you can see the shadows of the smoke in front otherwise the smoke would be illuminated....

OMG I took a pic with my cell phone of a curtain for the hell of it in the dark and there was a bright orb with smoke all around it when I looked at my phone. Two explanations.

The girls mom is gullible, a nut, or just dumb. Purely my own opinion and not of the forum...sorry.

She's lying, why would you take a picture in a pure dark room with a camera of your black out shades. The light is behind the curtains (or at least behind the smoke) since you can see the shadows of the smoke in front otherwise the smoke would be illuminated....

OMG I took a pic with my cell phone of a curtain for the hell of it in the dark and there was a bright orb with smoke all around it when I looked at my phone. Two explanations.

The girls mom is gullible, a nut, or just dumb. Purely my own opinion and not of the forum...sorry.

:meh:

While I can appreciate your skepticism, this really is just what it is - an odd picture we were trying to figure out. No tricks, no claims, no lies. I was hoping to just get an idea of what it might be, as like I said - no one really thinks this is paranormal. That's why I didn't mention it in my first post as I didn't think it was relevant.

Not that it matters, but apparently this girl has been getting creepy feelings at night, and feels like she's being watched. Her mom (the one on the TAPS forum where I know her from) suggested she take a picture the next time she got that creepy feeling. This is what she got.

Again, neither the mother OR daughter (or anyone else for that matter) are suggesting this is paranormal, so there's nothing to lie about. It's just a photo that came out weird, and they're trying to figure out if it's a piece of dust the size of a baseball, or what.

happysad.gif

It's a poltergeist. An overweight, middle-aged poltergeist.

a piece of dust the size of a baseball.....I would tell her to clean her room then.

I miss read the first post....sorry

I think its the moon..
Looks to me like it was taken through the glass window and the curtains reflected...And of course poor quality of cell phone camera and a slight hand shake.

I have some that look like that...if i can find them..ill post.

It's an eye :sexywink:
- of what or who I dare not say...

She's lying, why would you take a picture in a pure dark room with a camera of your black out shades.

You never do that? Hmm, it is my favorite past time, I lie in bed, snap away at the darkness and wait for fairies to show up...

No seriously - if the OP is telling the truth and this really was a snap shot of utter darkness without any lightsource whatsoever than either the cell phone camera overcompensated for lack of light (with a proper camera I'd say extremely long shutter speed and heavy camera shake) or there really was a spirit orb floating in the room....

Most reactions

Back