What Have You Never Done?

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Photographically speaking, what have you never done that you want to do?

For instance: I've never used an ND filter. Ever. I love what they do, and would love to give them a try. I haven't the slightest clue what I should get, though, and I think that keeps me from taking that leap. I keep telling myself I will, but I just never have. I've also never used extension tubes, although my attraction to that is far less than the ND filters.

So, what have you never done that you want to?

I have never done anything with star trails. I absolutely love those images but live in a place where it is very hard to make them work. The one time I was somewhere (Iceland) that it may have worked out, it was too cloudy and I was too busy focusing on getting shots of the northern lights!

Double exposure, 5 stack HDR off camera, and 100 things in PS and Lightroom.

Steve, for me it's the GND filter, I think my hold up on it is that I want a good system like cokin, lee, etc... I have also been waiting to get it until I get the 24-105mm f/4 L glass, so I don't have to buy multiple step rings.

Was actually thinking about going to look at the local camera shop this afternoon at the cokin stuff.

I've never done an HDR, an extremely long exposure (overnight/star trails also), or underwater photography (I'd be so worried about my camera!), or used more than one off camera strobe. Come to think of it, I've never even used my reflector!

Astrophotography with a equatorial mounted telescope. I enjoy looking at the cosmos on a warm summer night but, for me the cost is too high for the amount of use and results I would get out of it.

If I got my wish it would be to shoot Justin Bieber.

Oh.. wait - photographically speaking.. ok, well in that case I think for me it would be a trip to Yellowstone National Park with my cameras. Definately on my bucket list.

If I got my wish it would be to shoot Justin Bieber. Oh.. wait - photographically speaking...

That's quote in the signature worthy right there.

For me I dunno. I really want to try something like a 7100 with a REAL lens some day. I know, but being broke my goals are low lol. I want to do a long exposure night something. And I want to do something abstract that doesnt turn to complete #$@*. But some say he has no understanding of the arts...

Successfully shoot 4x5 film. I've recently tried it and failed miserably. :p

Trying to learn how to do it by myself while also having to make all sorts of work around a for processing in my house with a 2% success rate is just not very feasible on a college student's budget lol.

BUT I will get it eventually....maybe....

Could think of a ton of stuff but the GND filter with the dreamy water shot. Much like Steve, I have no idea what to get. Easy to choose a camera and glass then it is some of the accessory stuff. I get over whelmed sometimes when there is to many things to choose from and end up not getting it.

Last edited:
I hope someday to knock around Europe for about three months just walking around and capturing whatever I find.

I've never made photographs through a microscope. When I was a kid, I always wanted to do that, but that's kinda' been back-burnered for 30+ years.

I've never seriously tried Street Photography!! I believe that is now going to change.
Goal for the summer is to get out on the street!! Woot!

I desperately want to shoot with a model. Someone who is comfortable and knows what to do in front of a camera.

I've never made photographs through a microscope. When I was a kid, I always wanted to do that, but that's kinda' been back-burnered for 30+ years.

My brother just bought one of these: Celestron USB Microscope

We were messing around with it the other day with coins, bugs and, of all things, a baked bean, and it's pretty cool. It's not exactly like creating a photo with a DSLR, but it's fun...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back