What I did in mathS today...

Hahahahah! Is that real? I would have expected it to be much more uniform.

So is what they say about green M&Ms also hold true for green Skittles?

Excellent work!!!:thumbup:

Hahahahah! Is that real? I would have expected it to be much more uniform.

It IS true, yes...was only a small packet from a party multipack sort of thing. But I only ate them after, not before! :)

In all seriousness, we do do a small statistical project that involves packets of smarties or M&Ms, or skittles and the relative numbers of the different colours. The kids work harder knowing they can eat them afterwards! :)

A teacher that contributes to cavities and sugar overload! WOW! Where were you forty years ago, when I needed you? :)

A teacher that contributes to cavities and sugar overload! WOW! Where were you forty years ago, when I needed you? :)

I was nearly 2. ;)

I make sure that the kids only get the sweets at the end of the lesson...basically, "wind them up, then let the go!" ha ha!

At the end of the day, if they learn some maths because of a few sweeties now and again, then my job is getting done...motivation is the key, and it is severely lacking in all but the very top end of kids these days, I'm afraid. :(

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

2z4lg9c.png

I was nearly 2. ;)

I make sure that the kids only get the sweets at the end of the lesson...basically, "wind them up, then let the go!" ha ha!

At the end of the day, if they learn some maths because of a few sweeties now and again, then my job is getting done...motivation is the key, and it is severely lacking in all but the very top end of kids these days, I'm afraid. :(

I so wish that you had been my math teacher when I was young, a teacher like you would have saved me a ton of struggling with math in my adult life! Hope those kids (or at least their parents) appreciate what you do.

I so wish that you had been my math teacher when I was young, a teacher like you would have saved me a ton of struggling with math in my adult life! Hope those kids (or at least their parents) appreciate what you do.

Got to try and make it interesting these days...we're competing with Facebook, xbox, Playstations and trash TV. Every kid believes they will succeed in life as a winner of X-factor or on the lottery. Reality doesn't hit until too late...just ask the late teenagers still trying to pass their maths exams for the third or 4th time because they found out too late that they need a grade C to get a job stacking shelves!

I hope I succeed, at least with some, and I hope I do it in an entertaining way whilst delivering the results. It also helps my sanity to "ring the changes" once in a while! :)

Do they appreciate it? Hmmm, maybe about 5% of the kids I teach will appreciate it. To 5% of the kids I am a legend. To maybe 50% of them I am just "there" to be tolerated, and to the remaining 45% I am their nemesis! not only a teacher...a MATHS teacher! The worst possible fiend from hell!

;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back