What is a budget friendly lighting setup for e-commerce? [Serious answers only]

e-Bay listings vary from week to week. I have five videos (probably about one hour of total info) on Speedotron Brown Line lights and packs on my YouTube channel. Derrelator - YouTube The company itself has very limited marketing materials available, which is weird, but it has never had good marketing, just word-of-mouth.

Here is a rundown of the light units:

You could get by with a D402, D604, or D802 pack and three light units, three light stands, and a few modifiers.

OK, I think I am beginning to understand this system It's just a little confusing on some ends but understandable nonetheless. As much as I would love to invest into this system I just don't have the time stalk the eBay listings whenever a power supply or head comes around. I need something a bit more readily available. Very informative!

I use Speedotron Black Line, more expensive than brown line, but worth every penny. I do production photography for an auction house, and the shot to shot consistency of power and color temperature is amazing. And they are one of the least expensive pack and head systems out there.
I have a Flashpoint XPlor for location work, and the color balance is all over the place. I've also used AlienBees, which are rubbish, aND White Lightning, which is slightly better built rubbish.
For a budget setup, you can probably find the Bowens lights for a few hundred bucks a pop, and they are decent reliable lights.

Most reactions

Back