What is a good backdrop background colors?

TonyUSA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I would like to try studio portraits of my 10 yrs old son with swimming cap(blue cap) and goggle. What colors of backdrop would you recommend? This will be my first indoor portrait.
Link below are sample from other person with black backdrop, but my son is a lot younger so I don't think black would be a good colors, don't you think?

Vladimir Morozov updated their profile... - Vladimir Morozov | Facebook

Thank you,
Tony

PS I only have Alienbees 800 with octobox and 1 canon 430III flash. Also got some cheap stand for backdrop.

If you can/will only get one background, get a medium grey; that way, using flash and gels you can it any colour of the rainbow. I would be kind of inclined to go for a dark blue or red.

My preference for backdrops always tends to be with a somewhat dark grey.

Don't worry about the type/brand of lighting you use, what matters most in any situation is how you use the light that you have.

Thunder Gray. Make it gray, make it dark gray, make it black,make it light gray, make it white.

Savage Widetone Seamless Background Paper 27-12 B&H Photo Video

Now, if you want a BLACK backdrop, and have a cramped shooting area, or very few lights, or little lighting experience, the buy a black seamless backdrop.

Thank you very much,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back