What is art? Volume 261

Bob Ross was an expert at crafting well-refined kitsch, or what many people call "art". His paintings were to fine art what Two Broke Girls are to Shakespeare's works.

Credit Card Worries

Kitsch - Wikipedia
Bob Ross was a marketing guru. I loved his TV show, I'm surprised him and his son didn't spark up a bowl during a show or two. I used to love his oil medium, it made everything smooth as butter.

Bob Ross was an Artiste of the highest order. Rembrandt..........Bah! Monet...........Phhhhhhh. Van Gogh........... Child's Play. None of them had the skills that Bob had. Did you ever see Rembrandt paint a happy little tree? Did Monet ever put in a happy little bush? And Van Gogh, why the only thing he ever had that was happy was his ear that managed to escape him. Bob Ross sets the standard that all other so called Artiste should be judged by.

Bob was a Artiste of the People, by the People, for the People. It is time that we Make Art Great Again.

They are right. Much art in my opinion has declined along with the mentalities of the people that promote it. But this isn't simply a art problem as art mimicks society to a extent. The west is in decline. As a country as a civalization rises it produces great art at its pinnacle. On the civilizations decline and its societys decline it produces chit. As that is what civalization has succumb to. Not to say a individual variance cant be found but if you look at the rise and fall of civalizations i believe you will find a trend with arts and crafts produced

First of all, that guy is full of ****.

The art industry depends on people like to make their business legitimate, but it's not always for the better. Compare the art industry to more traditional industries like manufacturing or finance - without standards, rules, and predictable patterns, it's nearly impossible to quantify what's going on, what something is worth, and who is winning. It's easier for a person or organization to sell tons of high-dollar art when they can "objectively prove" that it is, in fact, finer art than the next guy's art.

Unfortunately for the art world, there are established formulas for selling massive volumes of uninspired, soulless "art". It's like pop music - it's technically perfect, it uses algorithms to appeal to the largest audience, and the record labels decide what's going to be a hit and what isn't before the song is even recorded.

My point is, this guy is speaking purely out of self-interest. He's selling art school, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even believe half the **** that came out of his mouth.

WOW !! That was really interesting discussion of art connoisseurs. Very academic. I thought I see CNN blasting at Trump. I mean the intensity, almost like trowing up, almost like shooting self in the head. Are you afraid, that all your art and your believes is, after all, a crap ? Somewhere in the middle of 20th century we were firmly made self lying, self applauding society, living mostly on gossips and lies of so called, very often self appointed, authorities. And this is easier, to become an apostles of loudest bully. Some weed to calm our senses, some booze to forget conflicting emotions. The path is clear, anything goes in search of personal happiness. Finally we free ! What a happy thought ! No one has a right to take this away from us. Right ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back